Question about Fab Read speed

vbimport

Most movies I back up are Main Movie only…
That said,
I noticed that many are reading at approx 5.50-7.00MB’s.
Then I have other movies reading 11- to upwards of 15.00 MB’s which is much faster…

what [about the disk] determines Fab’s read speed when backing up…
The slower reading movies do not appear to be longer running times…

Using a Plextor 716A…

Most of mine read at 7-9 MB/s, but only near the end of a SL disc or the middle of a DL. Don’t think I’ve ever seen one higher than 9 or 10. Must be 1) good firmware in your drive and 2) no bottlenecks with the disc controllers or the buses they use. Generally, the read speed is determined by the specs and condition of the drive and disc (all else being equal), and thus the number of errors that must be re-read or corrected. Originals with no copy protection sometimes read a little faster.

Maybe that’s it…
Many movies are not copy protected therefore they would I assume read faster…

I really do get up to 1500MB’s on some movies.
This speed occurs somewhere after 50%…
Could be un-protected movies with hardly any or no special features…

I disconnected my 2nd Plextor some time ago as I used to use one for source and one for destination…[on the fly]…
only takes a second to pull out source and add a blank media.

Just backed up “Muppets from Space” and it peaked at 13.75KB’s… read speed… [Main Movie]

[quote=rago88;2158172]I really do get [B]up to 1500 MB’s[/B] on some movies.
.[/quote]
:eek: Say what :confused: I don’t know of any drive that reads at that speed, sorry it is just to hard to swallow :rolleyes:

sorry.
Those were supposed t be KB’s not MB’s…
my mistake…

[quote=rago88;2160900]sorry.
Those were supposed t be KB’s not MB’s…
my mistake…[/quote]
Yeah !!..kanda thought it was a typo :smiley:
but had to throw in my 2 cents in the kitty :bigsmile:

have a nice evening :flower:

very surprised no one[including myself] caught that…

hahahahaha:eek:

[QUOTE=rago88;2157836]Most movies I back up are Main Movie only…
That said,
I noticed that many are reading at approx 5.50-7.00MB’s.
Then I have other movies reading 11- to upwards of 15.00 MB’s which is much faster…

what [about the disk] determines Fab’s read speed when backing up…
The slower reading movies do not appear to be longer running times…

Using a Plextor 716A…[/QUOTE]

I have gotten upto 13mbs/s on some disks, but I have noticed that it depends on compression. If Fab say 100% it will rip really fast, but if it says that it is like 87% etc. then it must process it also and that slow that rate down to 7 ish.

The absolute fastest is if you use full disk and it says 100%, those can be ripped and burned really fast. My system can do one of those in about 6-7 mins to rip/burn.

I was right the 1st time in my post…
it’s MB’s NOT KB’s…

Actually was almost 16MB’s before it slowed down and I captured the screen…

using a Plextor 740A @ BenQ 164B BEFB, ripping dvd5 requiring [B]no compression[/B], my ripping speed peaks at just over 16 MB/s,

dvd5 rips [B]requiring compression[/B] range from 5 MB/s to 7 MB/s throughout the process.

the ripping speed is determined by a few factors.

[ul]
[li]dvd drive read speed[/li][li]interface transfer speed[/li][li]hard drive write speed[/li][li]hard drive fragmentation[/li][li]CPU[/li][li]RAM[/li][li]running processes[/li][li]scratched/dirty disc[/li][li][B]compression or no compression[/B][/li][/ul]

edit// just for fun here :slight_smile:

I really do get up to 1500MB’s on some movies.

i think you forgot the [ [B].[/B] ] :bigsmile: