Question about DVDFAB

I noticed during burning two movies 1) blue ray and 2) regular dvd, that only one core of my quad core system was being used. Actually if you count the i7’s virtual cores there are 8…

Does the software support multicore? and by that i mean does it take advantage of multi core? It should, i dont think there is anyone out there basically with anything less then 2 cores…it would speed up copying time significantly.

Do they plan on adding support in future additions?

[QUOTE=jtravapd;2279694]I noticed during burning two movies 1) blue ray and 2) regular dvd, that only one core of my quad core system was being used. Actually if you count the i7’s virtual cores there are 8…

Does the software support multicore? and by that i mean does it take advantage of multi core? It should, i dont think there is anyone out there basically with anything less then 2 cores…it would speed up copying time significantly.

Do they plan on adding support in future additions?[/QUOTE]
I would guess Fengtao and Ting will tweak the software wherever they can to improve times.

Re: plain, old dvd to dvd, any decent cpu will do fine. I’m still using a P4 3.0 GHz and I’m able to rip and burn in a total of 10-15 minutes. For DL burns, I still prefer MKM 001 burned at 4X so the total time here may be on the order of 25-30 minutes.
I suspect any limitation of “speed” will primarily be a function of the ODD’s and perhaps bottlenecking depending on bus speed and configuration/controller issues.

I’ve not entered into BR discs yet, but I would think the ODD is still the primary, limiting factor re: speed.

With mobile conversions you will see a huge benefit with multiple cores.
Personally, as soon as I convince my wife, I’m jumping into a new build with the i7’s.