Question about DVDFAb Gold

Hi
I was wondering if someone can tell my why dvdfab gold asks for permission to access the internet before burning the dvd.

My zone labs gives me 2 alerts everytime I try to burn using dvdfab gold and Im not sure if granting permission is necessary.
thanks

Hi razzyberry and welcome to cdfreaks,

No, it’s not necessary to grant permission, but with ZA you’ll have to either permit or deny. Each time you update, you should probably configure ZA to do one or the other. I think most software firewalls act like this.

I suspect this is VSO (integrated burn engine) phoning home. VSO compiles burn data in order to analyze and to continue to develop their software…nothing else is sent and there is no threat, but it’s an individual choice. Permit or deny, the functionality of Fab is the same.

Thank you very much!

[QUOTE=maineman;1976280]Hi razzyberry and welcome to cdfreaks,

No, it’s not necessary to grant permission, but with ZA you’ll have to either permit or deny. Each time you update, you should probably configure ZA to do one or the other. I think most software firewalls act like this.

I suspect this is VSO (integrated burn engine) phoning home. VSO compiles burn data in order to analyze and to continue to develop their software…nothing else is sent and there is no threat, but it’s an individual choice. Permit or deny, the functionality of Fab is the same.[/QUOTE]

My Live One Care from MS does the same thing every time I do an update on any software in my computer. Not a real big thing though after that it’s fine.