OK I’m now using DVDFab 22.214.171.124 and I still can’t get consistent results no matter what I seem to try while trying to convert SG-1 Season 7 to generic avi with audiocopy. My file sizes are all over the place…if I tell DVDFab to make each episode fit 1 CD, only a few episodes meet the target while others are almost 200 megs smaller than the target. I’ve tried every which way to encode…fixed bitrate, fixed file size and I even set the bitrate for one of the problematic episodes to 4000 just to see what would happen and the result was a 524 meg file and the bitrate never got higher than 1900 while gspot scanned it. I’ve tried this in XP and Vista. I guess I’m asking if this is a bug in the program or since SG-1 Season 7 was a problematic series for audio sync that Ting had to write some special code for the series.
I know you always go for bits/pixel Signals but I can’t get this series to work that way except for the 10 and 4 minute extras, they work fine with whatever I set to encode.