Question about Duplicator Controller

Can you install an ACARD, Athena, or Wytron Duplicator controller in a PC? I know you would use one in a standalone unit, but is it possible to create a mini duplicator (1-3 or 1-5) in your PC? Thanks in advance.

optimisticsmurf

As far as I know, the duplicators are stand-alone boards that can work with a hard disk or without to copy one disc to many. Some boards offer a USB to host one drive as an external burner, some don’t.

In order to get the boards to work, you need an enclosure with power for drives and the duplicator board - so a PC would work “great” but it would be functioning standalone independent of the PC which would be a little strange. That would mean turning on the computer to be able to use the duplicator [so that it can get power] and operating the duplicator via LCD panel and letting it copy while using the computer as normal … they’re not going to be interconnected to my knowledge.

Hope this answers it.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

optimisticsmurf

I have something to add to that, Wytron makes available a “Optional USB adapter” to some of it’s products that allows one of the connected drives to act as an external drive. In that case, you could attach the usb cable to your computer and switch between regular and external mode.