Question about DL burning

I ripped a DVD to my hard drive(just movie no menus) then used Nero to burn the files to a DL disk. It worked and the quality was great but it pauses at the layer break and I have to press play for it to play the second layer.

I was wondering if this was normal for DL(having to press play for second layer) or did I mess up because I didn’t do an ISO with the correct layer break?

Thanks.

This can be anything, including an issue with your player. Since you’re backing up a DL disc to a DL disc, why not just use DVDDecryptor or a similar tool to make an exact copy (ISO) which will function like the original?

Thanks, I will try that. Don’t know much about DL media and that is why I was wondering if the pausing at the layer break was normal, before I tried doing an ISO.

Free method: Vermatim+R DL + ripit4me/decrypter + imageburn

Faster, easier/mindless, more expensive method: Verbatim +R DL + Anydvd + Clonecd
Just open up Clonecd with Anydvd running in the background and click a few times.

Ensure your burner supports bitsetting/booktype changes to dvd-rom

Is this important?

from imgburn: Cannot set the layer break position when burning DVD-R DL media in DAO mode.

If I just burn the ISO(made using DVD decrypter) using nero 6.6 will that work even though it won’t burn using using an mds file?

The drive is an Optiarc 7170A

Yes, depending on what you’re using the play the backups on . . .

Actually, the answer is “yes”.

You might want to take a look at Nero cd-dvd speed. Do a search for a bitsetting guide.

from imgburn: Cannot set the layer break position when burning DVD-R DL media

That’s why I said “Verbatim +R DL”.

If I just burn the ISO(made using DVD decrypter) using nero 6.6 will that work even though it won’t burn using using an mds file?

You will not be retaining the original layer break position, then.

The cure sounds worse than the disease. :eek:

If I use Verb.+R DL will I still need to mess with the bit settings?

Yep. Doesn’t matter what you use. Generally, you should change it to dvd-rom, if possible.