Question about CloneCD: FAQ

in one Q/A FP has the follwing written:

Q I have checked the CloneCD website (elby.ch) and found that my writer has 2 sheep in the EFM column. Should I use AWS when copying SafeDisc 2 protected games anyway?
A No. If you have a 2 sheep EFM writer you don’t need AWS and, what’s more, if you use AWS when you don’t need it, you may well get a coaster. If you have a 2 sheep EFM writer, you should disable AWS permanently from the writer settings page which you can access by right clicking on the name of your writer on the write page when using the program.

–How do I “you should disable AWS permanently from the writer settings page which you can access by right clicking on the name of your writer on the write page when using the program.” Where is the write page. Is this on a CloneCD or in a Windows setup menu. I tried to look. I just got a Lite-on 52x24x52 which is a 2 sheep burner and want to backup my AOM cd1. Aside from doing this, am I to understand that I choose Ignore weak sectors? Thanks:cool:

when you choose write from image and right click to get the writer settings the option will be there. :wink: you will have the choice of “aws, emulate or ignore” choose ignore

But that doesn’t permanently disable the option slayerking. It leaves it with the ability to be changed back to “AWS” or “Emulate”. Am I taking the phrase too literally? As I understand to make something permanent is to have it be unchangeable :confused:

if you cange it to ignore it will be permanently changed unless you change it back yourself. Then all you have to do is sort out the profiles so they are what you want them to be.

I don’t think you can permantley disable it

The FAQ refers to removing the AWS option for a 2 sheep burner.
Do this by right clicking on the burner icon and un-ticking the allow AWS box.

oki think you hit it, thats what i was looking for. much appreciation :bigsmile: