Question About Buying 33 1/3 LP Turntable

vbimport

I want to get my old 33 1/3 LP vinyl albums back in service and am looking for a good LP turntable. I also want to be able to connect whatever turntable I get to my PC in order to digitize the audio to .MP3 format. The two turntables on Amazon that seem to meet this requirement and get the best reviews are the Audio Technica AT-LP60USB at about $100 and the Audio Technica AT-LP-120-USB at about $250.00.

The LP60USB at $100 doesn’t really suit me because it lacks a number of features which I want, such as a counterbalanced tone arm and anti-skating feature. On the other hand, $250 seems a little steep to get the LP120USB model which does have those features.

Can anyone here recommend a good turntable that would do what I am looking for (preferably including the software to connect it to my PC) for less than $250.00? If I end up having to pay that much, I will do so but I want to make sure that I am not overlooking a good choice at a lower price. Thanks for any feedback.

I suggested the same more expensive USB turntable but you might find the thread of some use.

[QUOTE=cholla;2736976]I suggested the same more expensive USB turntable but you might find the thread of some use.

That’s a great thread. Thanks!

I have an ION Profile Pro that I got at BJ’s here in Florida, I have converted over 600 records (45 and 33 1/3 and 78) it has the counter Balance arm. and sounds great. BUT I do not have the sound tuned ear About $80 5 years ago

Marty

For the price the one Marty has looks pretty good.
If I didn’t already have a good turntable I would consider it.
I think for myself I would get a better sound card & maybe the DAK preamp Mr Bill posted.