Question about burning software

vbimport

All right, this has probably been asked many times, but as of right now what is the best software for backing-up your software and bypassing CD-Copywrite Protections?

e.g. GameJack, Alchohol 120, Blindwrite, CloneCD

I’ve been using Alcohol 120% since it came out, and i’ve never needed anything else - with emulation enabled, I have been able to play everything i’ve copied on my Liteon 52327S without any problems.

I’m not a total freak like some of the people on this board so i’m sure there will be plenty of recommendations!

Depends on the protection that a game has.

For SafeDisc, a copy of Alcohol 120% would do no harm, because it’s straitfoward and easy to use. For SecuROM 4.8x + you should use CloneCD, along with Blindwrite’s BWA builder, and Twinpeaks, to create a working backup. Protections like Ring Protech can be dealt with easily with CloneCD or Alcohol 120%.

The program depends upon the protection on the game plus the CD burner you have. Alcohol offers lots of emulation ways to get your copy working. CloneCD dosn’t.

Below is a rough list of protection with programs.

Alcohol = SafeDisc, Starforce 1+2, SecuROM 4.85xx w/ emulation
Blindwrite = SecuROM 4.85xxx(perfect with Plex Premium)
CloneCD = SecuROM 4.85xxx(CloneCD + Twinpeaks + BWA), Laserlock, Ring Protech
DiscDump + FireBurner = SafeDisc 2.51+

Just to add 1 small piece of info to Womble’s excellent list, from personal experience, DiscJuggler makes the most portable CD backup’s of Safedisc, and I had some old picky 2x, 4x and 8x readers to play and test with. Too many brand names to mention and remember, sold 'em all on ebay.

Originally posted by pyro_dragun

All right, this has probably been asked many times, but as of right now what is the best software for backing-up your software and bypassing CD-Copywrite Protections?

e.g. GameJack, Alchohol 120, Blindwrite, CloneCD
My question is what reader/writer do you have ?
I mean it’s because this is the most essential part when it comes to bypassing copy prots.
If your HW is not capable of reading those properly, no SW will ever do the magic.

In other words, the disc is being read by your reader, not SW.

Originally posted by xtacydima
Just to add 1 small piece of info to Womble’s excellent list, from personal experience, DiscJuggler makes the most portable CD backup’s of Safedisc, and I had some old picky 2x, 4x and 8x readers to play and test with. Too many brand names to mention and remember, sold 'em all on ebay.

I havn’t used DiscJuggler much. I think I will have to have ago with it.

Originally posted by Bo-Skin
I mean it’s because this is the most essential part when it comes to bypassing copy prots.
If your HW is not capable of reading those properly, no SW will ever do the magic.

You are right of course. Maybe a quick update to the list to show what works best with 0 & 1 or 2 Sheep burners.

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]My question is what reader/writer do you have ?

In other words, the disc is being read by your reader, not SW.
[/B]

I have a lite-on 52247s, the 52x24x52 burner
I also have a dvd-rom that I think is a relabeled A-Open

Originally posted by pyro_dragun

I have a lite-on 52247s, the 52x24x52 burner

52245S, that is. Yes, it’s a good reader.