Question about auto updating

vbimport

I have version 5.1.0.0 Platinum (registered) installed and the auto check for new versions box is checked. When I open DVDFab, is it supposed to download and install the latest version (5.1.1.0), or is it supposed to inform me a new version is available and then I download and install it? It’s not doing either, but as a newbie, I’ve never upgraded my current version and don’t want to mess anything up. Can someone be kind enough to walk me through the correct upgrade process? Also - do I need to turn my antivirus software off (Symantec). I remember reading previous threads of people complaining that their antivirus software was flagging certain downloads. Thanks in advance for your help.

I always leave that box unckecked as I download my own updates from this forum when they are released. I have not had a problem with anti virus flagging dvdfab but I not use norton. As for installing just install over old and you can either turn your anti virus an firewal off or leave on during install. As it up to the user on that.

[quote=fenway;2153309]I have version 5.1.0.0 Platinum (registered) installed and the auto check for new versions box is checked. When I open DVDFab, is it supposed to download and install the latest version (5.1.1.0), or is it supposed to inform me a new version is available and then I download and install it? It’s not doing either, but as a newbie, I’ve never upgraded my current version and don’t want to mess anything up. Can someone be kind enough to walk me through the correct upgrade process? Also - do I need to turn my antivirus software off (Symantec). I remember reading previous threads of people complaining that their antivirus software was flagging certain downloads. Thanks in advance for your help.[/quote]It only notifies you, and it does not notify of beta releases. It should be notifying you of full releases if you have the box checked in Common Settings. Like GJ, I never use it either.