Quest for the Longest Thread on CD Freaks!

vbimport

This is a very strange one from the QI Elves:

[B]"[I]One of the people the CIA sent to assassinate Fidel Castro ended up having sex with him[/I]."[/B]

In case your wondering, it was a woman (Marita Lorenz), and no [I]that [/I]wasn’t part of the plan. :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Ibex;2784745]Is there no end to the weird & unthinkable stuff happening this year? It’s enough to drive one to drink - so lets make a game of it.

You may recall the 1857 Sepoy Rebellion, which escalated into the Indian Mutiny, was largely triggered by the introduction of cartridges covered in beef or pork fat - thus offending both the Hindus and Muslims. Well they’ve done it again… :doh:

In the news today… It has emerged that the new plastic £5 note contains a small amount of animal fat, ‘usually beef or mutton, but occasionally pork’. So this time they’ve managed to offend… well pretty much everyone who can be offended. Nice one! :clap:

So… [B]Drink up, the world’s about to end. Glug-glug-glug[/B][/QUOTE]

That’s impressive. I would have never expected then to use (multiple types of) animal byproduct in the manufacturing process – at least not to the point that it ended up in the notes.

[QUOTE=Ibex;2784745]Is there no end to the weird & unthinkable stuff happening this year? It’s enough to drive one to drink - so lets make a game of it.

You may recall the 1857 Sepoy Rebellion, which escalated into the Indian Mutiny, was largely triggered by the introduction of cartridges covered in beef or pork fat - thus offending both the Hindus and Muslims. Well they’ve done it again… :doh:

In the news today… It has emerged that the new plastic £5 note contains a small amount of animal fat, ‘usually beef or mutton, but occasionally pork’. So this time they’ve managed to offend… well pretty much everyone who can be offended. Nice one! :clap:

So… [B]Drink up, the world’s about to end. Glug-glug-glug[/B][/QUOTE]

Once in a while I think it is okay to offend everyone, makes you stand out from the crowd and it’s not like you get stoned etc anymore.

In the news today…

A senior police officer (an assistant chief constable no less) has been convicted of serious professional misconduct after exposing themselves to a junior colleague and mocking her for having breast augmentation surgery.

Nothing unusual there, just another example of the appalling sexual harassment women have to tolerate from chauvinist male…

Oh, did I mention the assistant chief constable was a woman also. :eek:

[B]Drink up, the world’s about to end. Glug-glug-glug[/B]

The Investigatory Powers Bill came into force today. (Pet project of the current PM when Home Secretary.)

And it’s about much more than just mandatory bulk collection of data.
To put it into perspective, the Chinese government cited the act when defending its own intrusive mass surveillance anti-terrorism legislation. Now that’s one hell of an endorsement!

For example, the authorities may now hack, without a warrant, phones and computers if there is a risk of “death, injury or damage to a person’s physical or mental health.” Well that’s specific.

So who can use these new powers? Police and security services are a given, but who else?

Selected highlights:

Department of Health
Department for Transport
Department for Work and Pensions
NHS trusts and foundation trusts in England that provide ambulance services
Competition and Markets Authority
Criminal Cases Review Commission [[I]Their job is to investigate miscarriages of justice[/I] :confused:]
Financial Conduct Authority
Fire and rescue authorities under the Fire and Rescue Services Act 2004
Food Standards Agency [[I]Failed to notice Findus selling 100% horsemeat ‘frozen beef lasagne’ & everyone else doing similar :clap:[/I]]
Gambling Commission
Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority [[I]Regulating seasonal agricultural workers :confused:[/I]]
Health and Safety Executive
Independent Police Complaints Commissioner
Information Commissioner [[I]The body charged with protecting citizens from uncontrolled data harvesting & misuse. WTF?[/I]]
Office of Communications [[I]Never heard of them. Sounds a bit ominous?[/I]]
Scottish Ambulance Service Board
Welsh Ambulance Services National Health Service Trust

[B]Drink up, the world really is about to end. Glug-glug-glug[/B]

My three thousandth post. Seems appropriate to make it every bit as pointless as the other 2,999.

[QUOTE=Ibex;2785637]My three thousandth post. Seems appropriate to make it every bit as pointless as the other 2,999.[/QUOTE]

Pointless?

[QUOTE=Ibex;2785637]My three thousandth post. Seems appropriate to make it every bit as pointless as the other 2,999.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I agree :iagree:

Domi &/or Liggy changed something a couple of years ago and my [S]famous[/S] [S]infamous[/S] unfamous blank post trick doesn’t work any more. :sad:

Industrial Espionage 101:

Performing the evil deed through a chain of 60 Remote Desktop sessions to cover your tracks? :clap::clap::clap:

Forgetting to untick the box transferring your local printer to the remote session, leading investigators straight to your desk? :doh: ROTFL

[~30:00]

//youtu.be/NG9Cg_vBKOg

I wonder how much of this the Feds/FSB/MSS are already doing?

Where to hide executable malicious code so nothing can see it? How about in blocks of flash memory marked as bad? Looks alarmingly practical, if you’re running a Linux derivative. :eek::cool:

The proposed method of remote destruction looks rather fun - why stop at ransoming someone’s data when you can deprive them of the whole device. :stuck_out_tongue: (Target Galaxy Note 7s and maybe you could do some real damage - cars, planes…)

If anyone can successfully turn theory into practice and conceal running code in surplus (overclocked) clock cycles, they are a genius… and we could be in big trouble.

[~11:00]

//youtu.be/gKUleWyfut0

[QUOTE=Ibex;2785675]I wonder how much of this the Feds/FSB/MSS are already doing?

Where to hide executable malicious code so nothing can see it? How about in blocks of flash memory marked as bad? Looks alarmingly practical, if you’re running a Linux derivative. :eek::cool:

The proposed method of remote destruction looks rather fun - why stop at ransoming someone’s data when you can deprive them of the whole device. :stuck_out_tongue: (Target Galaxy Note 7s and maybe you could do some real damage - cars, planes…)

If anyone can successfully turn theory into practice and conceal running code in surplus (overclocked) clock cycles, they are a genius… and we could be in big trouble.

[~11:00]
[/QUOTE]
Hmm, that would at least bring internet from childhood to youth in some respect, not that anyone would appreciate it. Someone will make it and so it is really a battle between good and evil and not get caught on the wrong side of the line, still I infect computers with various malware just to see exactly what they do, then revert to snapshot. The speed of current ransomware amazes me, likewise everyone who like to spy on normal activity (you and me), the latter being even legal!

After a dreadful 2016, hopefully the news in 2017 will be more like this:

[I]For years a Brazilian grandmother has been praying every day to a small statue which she believed to be a representation of Saint Anthony.

Turns out the statue is actually a Lord of the Rings figurine of Elrond, Lord of Rivendell.[/I]

:clap::clap::bow:

2016 was a very bad year, lets see what 2017 has for us.

WTF what happened? Cant make head or tails of the forum anymore. Maybe we have we reached Mordor then?

I think we’re at Cirith Ungol and about to be devoured by Shelob, the evil giant spider! :scream:

Where the heck are we?

We are very far away from mordor.

Morning walk, weather was good a small wind but the sun was out, everything looks OK.

where the heck is that? and why are there no posts here for a month or so? how will we reach mordor?