Query re: menu fix for DVD-authored file

vbimport

Hi,

I am a new member and this is the first thread I have posted. Hopefully I have posted in the most appropriate forum. I have read the forum rules and I am (reasonably) confident this post won’t break any of them!

I am in the process of downloading a file which is DVD-authored i.e.one that contains a VIDEO-TS folder, with .IFO files, .BUP files that will burn as a DVD with menu.

I noticed that in response to a couple of problems downloaders had with the menu once burned, the uploader has also ‘upped’ a ‘menu-fix’, along with some basic instructions for using. I will quote, without reference to the name of the forum, the username of the uploader, or the file name:

" For a whopping 80 KB you can have not only the correct .IFO and .BUP, but also a back-up copy of the original files so you can continue to seed after you burn.

If you are going to burn with the New “fixed” files, you need to stop seeding the torrent and copy the “fixed” .IFO and .BUP files into the VIDEO_TS folder to burn with the first play intro leading into the menu. Then…

Copy the “Original” .IFO and .BUP files back into the VIDEO_TS folder to continue seeding. As long as you “copy” the files and not “move”, you will always be able to burn with the correct menu, and go back to seeding. (Dragging and dropping with right mouse button will bring up context menu that will ask you if you want to copy or move)" (End quote).

Now this is probably a pretty dumb question, but I will ask it anyway. Prior to copying the ‘fixed’ files into the VIDEO-TS folder, do I firstly need to delete the original ‘faulty’ .IFO and .BUP files I downloaded? (I suspect the answer is yes, given that the ‘menu-fix’ includes copies of the original .IFO and .BUP files so that re-seeding is possible) Thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify!

No, you don’t need to do anything except copy and paste the corrected .ifo and .bup files into the Video_TS folder. You will be given the option to replace the existing ones in there, so do that…replace them.

This will presumably give you a dvd menu that works properly and lets you burn to a disk. You only need the original files put back in later if you are going to seed the torrent.

Thank you very much, Kerry56.