Query about a few drives

Hey there.

I’m after a few new drives, I want to be covered on all areas.

Currently I have,

Liteon 20A1S - which thus far I’ve only used for scanning, does this drive excel in any area?
Pioneer 215 - I haven’t used this just yet (got it last week)

other drives I’m thinking of getting are,

Optiarc 7200a
Samsung s203n (can’t find a B though I hear they’re just the same)

basically my requirements are,

excellent DVD-R/+R burning
excellent DVD DL+R burning

I use verbatim media currently dvd-r/+r and dl +r too.

Also I need a few of them to be good a reading (for installing stuff etc. I’ve had a couple that plain won’t read - the Liteon plain won’t read some discs too)

what do you guys think?

The Samsung 203N is the LightScribe version of the 203B - and should be an excellent drive for burning most media, and reading even the dodgiest discs.

I’ve also heard great things about the 7200A, but that’s more on a burning level, not sure what they’re like as readers.

My opinion is, I don’t think you can go wrong with those two, especially as you’re looking at both and not just one of them. I already have the 203N, and would like the 7200A too if I had space in my PC! :wink:

[quote=the running man;2031665]Hey there.

I’m after a few new drives, I want to be covered on all areas.

Currently I have,

Liteon 20A1S - which thus far I’ve only used for scanning, does this drive excel in any area?[/quote]My 20A1S tends to be my best SL burner (I use the Pioneer for all DL). It’s especially good with Verbatim +R. I’m using C0deKing’s latest 9L09 firmware (FB, EOS & EOHT6). :slight_smile: