Quality test for unsupported DVD-R Drives

vbimport

hi ppl
from what i understand my NEC 3520 dont support error reporting.
is there any other way to check if the burn went ok ?

the reason i ask because i think that my burn is too slowly, and the reading speed is slowly too…
i have nero cd-dvd speed version 4.01
& dvd identifier 4.01
how do i check with those tools if evertyhing is ok ?
i have read about c1/c2 errors etc, i know that the nec dont support reporting about those errors. but still, i have seen in the reviews that u do test with cd-speed (to check the cd curve or somthing like that) so how can i use it to determine quality ?
it realy important for me to be sure that i can delete safetly 4GB of stuff after i burned it to a DVD. the last time i burned, nero says succesfully, but when i run a sfv check on some rars, sfv check reported nothing. i burned again, and then the sfv was ok. i am realy disapoint to find that i can get succesfull message and to find that i loose GB of stuff… i dont want to check every time for sfv… so how can i count my dvd burner ? the cd labled as TEAC X8, and the media information is:

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:TYG02]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.]
Manufacturer ID : [TYG02]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

(my bet is that fake TY )

Please help me
rico

The 3520 does support error reporting for DVD (PI/PIF) with the latest firmware, both official and modified versions. I’m not sure about C1/C2 errors as no one burns CDs much anymore and there hasn’t been much posted on CDs.

DVD Disc Quality Tests can be done in Nero CD-DVD Speed at a recommended scan speed of 5X for NEC drives.

The curve from a Transfer Rate test can also indicate wheter or not a drive has any problems reading a disc. A smooth curve indicates all is fine.