CC1R/BC15 - Quality Patched 1653S/710A Firmware
The Official Thread
Here it is at least for the 1213S, 1613S, 1633S, 1653S and +/-R media at 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x burn speeds. The results look pretty good so far.
What is it
The aim of this firmware is to produce lower PIFs. It uses a WOPC (Walking Optimum Power Control) technique that adjusts the OPC at fixed points during the burn.
Itâ€™s already crossflash patched for 1213S, 1613S, 1633S users, has a Multi color LED and has the following read speed changes:
+R/-R = 12x
ROM/9 = 12x
+/-R9 = 8x
- This firmware is experimental and is not supported or condoned by the drive manufacturer. You will void your drive’s warranty if you use this firmware.
- Remember this patch affects +/-R media at 6x, 8x, 12x and 16x only.
- After flashing to CC1R allow for 4 burns of any media before best results will be acheived.
- There is a bug in the firmware that causes a dip in the read speed when 12x is reached while scanning +R media. This is not caused by poor burn quality.
- Some PIF spikes may occur at the recalibrate points, but like the NEC drives, these seldom cause a problem.
CC1R is based on CSTR and BC15 is based on BYX5. Please read the documentation enclosed in the package, for more details.
So itâ€™s ready to go for 1213S, 1613S, 1633S, 1653S, and 710A users â€“ enjoy.
What’s new in CC1R/BC15
A new WOPC pattern.
Reduced errors at the end of the disc.
Supports +/-R media.
CC1R and BC15 have been removed until I can find out why they are not performing as well as I would expect.
<hr>Download CC1R: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html#SOHW-1653S removed
Download BC15: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html#DRU-710A removed