Quality MP3 decoder

Hey, I’ve got a question. If I want to make an audio-CD, there are two steps to be done:

1. convert MP3 to wav
  2. burn the wavs

Every burning program can do step 2, and all do it at the same quality. But step 1 is a little bit different. The burning program needs a good mp3-decoder. i.e. Nero does’n’t have a good mp3-decoder, and WinAMP does have a correct mp3-decoder. So if i want to burn a cd, i always converted my mp3’s with WinAMP 2 to wav’s, and burned it with Nero.
My question: has anyone done some analyse or something regarding the quality of the mp3-decoder of BlindWrite? It is a very handy function to burn the mp3’s as a audioCD, but i want to know if it is the best quality!

How about Easy CD-DA Extractor 5.05? It has an Easy Audio File Converter too, and build-in Lame 3.92 support AFAIK. And just read today there’s a new Lame 3.93 out.

Originally posted by ernstblaauw
[B]Hey, I’ve got a question. If I want to make an audio-CD, there are two steps to be done:

1. convert MP3 to wav
  2. burn the wavs

Every burning program can do step 2, and all do it at the same quality. But step 1 is a little bit different. The burning program needs a good mp3-decoder. i.e. Nero does’n’t have a good mp3-decoder, and WinAMP does have a correct mp3-decoder. So if i want to burn a cd, i always converted my mp3’s with WinAMP 2 to wav’s, and burned it with Nero.
My question: has anyone done some analyse or something regarding the quality of the mp3-decoder of BlindWrite? It is a very handy function to burn the mp3’s as a audioCD, but i want to know if it is the best quality! [/B]
I have the (extra $) Nero plugin “MP3Pro” which is excellent and I also use DiscJuggler which is, IMHO, superior to nero. Feurio! will also convert MP3 to .WAV and provide a list of errors etc

I always use LAME for de-/encoding Mp3’s. Easy to use (with RazorLame frontend) and the highest possible quality. And it’s free…:bigsmile:

In agreement :slight_smile: . I use LAME for all my mp3 processing.