Quality issue

vbimport

After reading many posts regarding bad / unsufficient quality of the CloneDVD trancscoding engine I did a small test with the new CloneDVD2, DVD2DVD-R (CCE) and DVD2One.

Starting from a total size of 6.7 GB I removed all languages but one and ended up at 1.8 GB (what are pretty hard conditions !).
CloneDVD’s compress-o-meter showed a resulting quality of about 38 %.
As mentionned above I did the same with DVD2DDVD-R using the CCE-Engine (3 pass) and with DVD2One.

Watching the result was surprising as CloneDVD gave a surprising good result. Of course you could see some artefacts and a slight blocking. DVD2DVD-R gave the same quality level (in my opinion) maybe a trace better. O.k. playing around with some settings in DVD2DVD-R / CCE may improve but this was not the target of the test. Comparing the time needed, DVD2DVD-R was not worth the time in this case.

Last but not least : quality of DVD2One was just - ugly !! Sorry for this but it’s the trueth. Almost unwatchable result.

I know this test is not representative cause it was done just with one movie. But it confirmed my experiences that CloneDVD is much better than many people tell you !

Hi Hans… I am sorry but I don’t understand…
If the result is a file of 1.8 GB (which sounds really strange to me for a movie), it can be burned on a DVD-R with no compression at all, since the capacity of a DVD-R is more than 4 GB.

Or maybe it was 5.8 GB instead of 1.8 GB?

About quality issues: I am using CloneDVD since the first version, and I also think that video quality was good from the beginning.

Originally posted by hans_gerber
Starting from a total size of 6.7 GB I removed all languages but one and ended up at 1.8 GB (what are pretty hard conditions !).

Hi,

no - 1.8 GB was the size after compressing !!
6.7 GB was the initial size of the DVD. I removed all languages but one and compressed the movie downto 1.8 GB.

I know this is very much - I wanted to see the result of such an (over)compressed movie and was very surprised what I saw.

it’s time for your paycheck :bigsmile:

I think cce is unbitable in such level of compression… but maybe i should download clonedvd 2

Stupid me, it is clear now. :slight_smile:

ET

Originally posted by hans_gerber

no - 1.8 GB was the size after compressing !!