Quality DVD-R/CD-R Manufacturing Facility

vbimport

I’ve read through posts on the site and I see ratings of disc brands and/or distributors, but I haven’t ever found anything that has tied the quality of a disc to a manufacturing plant. Our company is looking to purchase 200k or more DVD-Rs (and the same or more CD-Rs) direct from a manufacturing facility. We are interested in getting a good price, but want to ensure we get good quality. Has anyone ever tied information about a type of disc to a manufacturing facility? Any leads would be great. Thanks.

Taiyo Yuden makes some of the best media out there. I bought some of their own branded CD-Rs (“That’s” brand – made and sold by TY) while I was living in Japan, and there is an address and phone number on the back:

Taiyo Yuden Kabushiki Kaisha (or Taiyo Yuden Co., LTD)
Tokyo-To
Daito-Ku
Ueno 6-16-20
110-0005

TEL: 011-81-3-3288-4321 (this will work from the US)
03-3288-4321 (from Japan)

I have no idea what you will get with this address and number, but it is a start. If you call, be prepared to speak Japanese… :slight_smile:

Thanks. That’s a great start. They’re on the more expensive side, but I know they have great quality. Does anyone know at what plant Pro-discs are made?

Conrexx - now and in the future

Conrexx Technology B.V. is a professional marketing and service partner for international distributors, retail companies and manufacturers. As an organisation we are fully committed to providing exceptional customer service. Our superior supply chain management provides efficient and innovative marketing, sales and logistics services to our partners worldwide.

Traxdata is the key brand in the Conrexx portfolio and is seen as the industry pioneer in the field of optical storage media. In 2003, Traxdata was firmly positioned in Europe as a top 3 brand in optical storage media. By setting extremely high standards of quality in the manufacturing process, Traxdata delivers superior quality and value ensuring customers stay loyal to this exceptional brand.

Alongside Traxdata, Conrexx offers two other brands: RIDATA and Arita. RIDATA has taken the storage media market by storm since its launch in 2001. Already a leading storage brand in the highly competitive United States market, RIDATA is on course to become a global leader in the storage media market.

The Arita brand provides high quality media at value prices without compromising the digital experience. Developed to offer the consumer a no-frills brand that delivers reliable media, Arita is a serious player in the low cost media sector.

With sales now exceeding two million units per day, Conrexx is able to capitalise on the explosive demand for media by supplying all three of these quality brands. The future will see Conrexx widen its product range and service offering to further ensure a win:
win situation for both Conrexx and its valued partners.

Conrexx is passionate about customer satisfaction for both our partners and their customers. By being sensitive to market changes we are able to capitalise on this and make a significant contribution to the success of our partners. We believe that only by establishing strong partnerships with innovative, renowned and reliable suppliers and distributors can we guarantee success and therefore we work exclusively with the leading manufacturers worldwide. We selectively pursue opportunities to develop new distribution channels and those who share our values and commitment to quality. In doing so, we ensure that the very best quality products and services are available to help our partners meet their business objectives.

i couldnt agree more, the Arita jpnr01s are orsome just a shame they don`t seem to do a printable version.

Personaly, I’d stick to Taiyo Yuden myself.

JD

Hi dguiver,
Can you please tell me whether you require only DVD-R?. What kin dof brand you are looking for. I’ve some few contacts in some of the manufacturing companies.

If you’re in the UK then I’d point you in the direction of www.e-netdistribution.co.uk

They are the distributors for brands such as Datawrite and Ridisk which get a very good name here. I’ve been using the Datawrite Titanium disks myself for a while now and am extremely happy with the quality of the physical disks and the compatability of the dye for different applications.

Risisc Extreme, as far as I know, is also a new line that Enet are shipping, which is said to be more compatible with Xbox and PS2 than the previous Ritek dye disks.