Quality DL burner

vbimport

I strictly burn using dvd+R DL media(Verbatim for dvd media) and was looking for a new drive to purchase. I currently use a NEC 3530A which came with my dell dem. E510. I was strongly considering the BenQ 1655 but after reading the DL scans with the 1655 I am a little leary. I can’t seem to find the 1640 and am unsure about the 1650. I also like my NEC and was maybe looking at another but want the ability to look at the PI/PIF with Nero. Ultimately I would like a reader and writer. I believe my nec with the riplock off is great to read but looking for a quality writer. Speed is not an issue but better 2.4X would be nice. Please help newbie unsure with all the info out there. Would another brand be better? Open to suggestions. With so many drivers out there it is a little overwhelming. :eek:

I just went through the same thing. You wouldn’t think it would be so hard to find a good DL drive that works for you, but you couldn’t prove it by me. Go to the LG forum and read my post titled: Bought 4166B today - I’m very pleased

This was my fourth drive in a week. I couldn’t find one that worked well for me on Verbatim media. I tried the Benq 1640 (which is suppose to be the the holy grail of DL drives), the Benq 1650, and the Liteon 1635S. All these drives are suppose to be excellent, and maybe they are. They just didn’t work for me. I ended up (after reading several excellent comments) with the LG 4166B and am finally pleased.

You too may want to look at this drive. I hope you don’t have to try as many as me to find the right one.

DH

Choosing the correct media is the first step to success in the DL land.

VERBATIM