Quality difference among YUDENT02 Silver, Printable, etc?

vbimport

I am wondering if there is any quality difference among silver thermal, silver printable, white printable T02s from Rima or anywhere (bulk, unbranded one).

Cost is not much of a concern since I am regular to order Thats spindles from Japan which cost about 4-5times higher than bought in the states.
But somehow post office handles them poorly for last 2-4months and every single one I received had some sort of damages (which was not an issue before).
Then I cannot find any PAPA Verbatim either locally for last 3 months.

So I am trying to meet my depand by using in state supplier.
I used several spindles of T02 silver thermal for everyday buring, but never tried those other varieties like printables in white and silver.
So I would like to know from experienced user to tell me if there are any quality difference among them.
I am not gonna print it anyway. All that matter is quality, but as I mentioned, I am willing to pay little more if printable one is better in quality.

So please let me know all T02 lovers if there is any difference and what is the best.

Thanks in advance.

Moderator:
I post this here because it is for my shopping decision.
So if you think it is not suitable to be here, then you may move it to what you think is appropriate freely and just let me know where, please.
Thanks.

hmmmmm not sure…i order T02 silver shinys and hub inkjet printables from Rima as i know i get what i order but as far as media hub codes…they could be the same as inkjet printables or thermal printables etc…

[QUOTE=Bob;2075088]hmmmmm not sure…i order T02 silver shinys and hub inkjet printables from Rima as i know i get what i order but as far as media hub codes…they could be the same as inkjet printables or thermal printables etc…[/QUOTE]

SO?
Do you run quality scan with those?
Have you seen any difference in quality scan?
Which one is usually good/better? Silver Shiny? or ink jet printable one?
This what I want to know, so that I could order either one.
Hub code? I don’t get what you mean. Is hub code related to the burn quality of disc?

Common people help me out here:bow:

In my opinion - T02’s are the most consistent of any current media. I have never used Silver Inkjet printables. But I have never witnessed any significant difference in the shiny thermals vs White Inkjet Hub printables. I order these exclusively from Rima but would expect any authorized TY dealer to be the same assuming Premium product (not Valueline). Good luck.

EDIT: Ignore that last comment as Valueline only applies to DVD-R. Sorry.

[QUOTE=SOCALUS;2075303]SO?
Do you run quality scan with those?
Have you seen any difference in quality scan?
Which one is usually good/better? Silver Shiny? or ink jet printable one?
This what I want to know, so that I could order either one.
Hub code? I don’t get what you mean. Is hub code related to the burn quality of disc?

Common people help me out here:bow:[/QUOTE]I was saying that T02’s of all the varieties whether printables, silver shinys etc… will not have the same hub code=batch numbers. If you hold a TY disc up to light you can see a number around the hub. T02 discs are TG000xxx where the xxx’s are numbers 0-9. TYG02’s have GG000xxx where the xx’s are numbers 0-9. I believe that is correct. Same with T03’s and TYG03’s. Some of these hub codes=batch numbers are known to be better than others but i don’t remember and/or keep up with that anymore.

I don’t know of any place you can order from that will tell you that they are sending you hub number=batch number bla bla bla so you just take a chance on what you get.

Now back when Fujifilm MIJ was using T02’s and TYG02’s you could take a magnifying glass in the store with you and could see what those numbers were.

[QUOTE=Bob;2075402]I was saying that T02’s of all the varieties whether printables, silver shinys etc… will not have the same hub code=batch numbers. If you hold a TY disc up to light you can see a number around the hub. T02 discs are TG000xxx where the xxx’s are numbers 0-9. TYG02’s have GG000xxx where the xx’s are numbers 0-9. I believe that is correct. Same with T03’s and TYG03’s. Some of these hub codes=batch numbers are known to be better than others but i don’t remember and/or keep up with that anymore.

I don’t know of any place you can order from that will tell you that they are sending you hub number=batch number bla bla bla so you just take a chance on what you get.

Now back when Fujifilm MIJ was using T02’s and TYG02’s you could take a magnifying glass in the store with you and could see what those numbers were.[/QUOTE]

umm…why do you keep tellingme about hub code and batch numbers, Bob?
I am not asking any of that. Nor I didn’t ask any that hub code are all same.
What are you talking about, man?
I have my favorite hub/bactch whatever which is TG000041 and that is what I usually get as That’s branded one from Japan.

Anyway, what I am asking is not hub code or that BS. Who cares?

All I want is some input from your experience with shiny silver and white printables.
And do you think in terms of burn quality, silver shiny is better or white printable is better? (if you have some scans both kinds, that maybe good reference).

Damn…why is it so hard to get some opinions in quality of some discs:bow:

ok you figure it out…

I think the question he is asking, is whether the process of creating printable media tends to result in lesser quality disks somehow, either through manufacturing, in the way the printable surface is placed on the media, or through quality control, where there may be less attention paid to weeding out the subpar. I read once that there was something about printable media, or certain kinds of printable media (not sure about the difference between hub and inkjet), where there could be a breakdown in the printable surface material, leading to disk damage over time.

If everyone agrees that the quality of shiny surface media is exactly the same as printable media, then we can move on.

By the way, this thread should be moved to the blank media forum.

heyyo negritude no i don’t agree and will not elaborate any further.