Quality affecting factors besides firmware - Lets discuses

I have read alot of post regarding quality issues with firmware, but it seems that the basic of the basic is being ignored or overlooked. Below i stated a few which i felt would have some level in affecting the quality performances.
For the purpose of discussion, lets put aside the Media and firmware. Assuming that the same media of the same batch was used, the same frimware and drive and other system factors remainds the same except the below listed.

1. Differences of Cable.
    Does the cable affect the burn quality? Differences between 40 / 80 conduct cable?

2. Differences of IDE controller.
    Does the different make of the controller makes a differences in quality… besides offering of higher speed. Would default ones like INTEL ones makes good grounds for making quality burn? What are variation of quality inbetween the type IDE controller used? Eg. ATA controller cards vs onboard ones. Highpoint? Sillcon? Intel? etc… etc…

3. Differences of IDE Driver
    Is the Microsoft Windows Native IDE driver the best or does different driver works better for their respective chipset.

4. Incompability of IDE controller
    Does the detection of the Writter means 100% compability with the IDE controller used? Or is there more to meet the eyes.

Nothing outside the drive itself can affect burn quality, except a few very rare things like RFI interferance. Heat might be the most common influence.

Burn quality =
Accurate laser calibration
Appropriate burn speed
Quality media

Quality aside, performance and reliability can be affected by the cable, driver or misconfiguration. If the drive is “Ultra66” then make use of the 80-conductor cable to reduce “cross-talk”. If a specific storage controller driver is available then use it instead of Microsoft’s generic “Standard” one. If DMA mode is available then set it from the controller channel properties in Device Manger or its own interface where appropriate.

ATA/ATAPI 5 (aka Ultra ATA/66 aka Ultra DMA/66)
Max Transfer Mode: UDMA 4
Max Transfer Rate: 66 Mbyte/sec
Cable Required: 40-pin, 80-conductor
Additional Features: Speed, Data Reliability