Quake or Half Life?

Which 3dengine was the best according to you ?

Quake of course.

even if you choose hl its Quake

hl = quake engine with some tweaks.

Quake wins! :bigsmile:

I chose HL. Why? Because a friend of mine (he’s kind of a gamer, I’m not) once told me that the HL engine is superior. I’ll just believe him… :wink:

Originally posted by ckin2001
hl = quake engine with some tweaks.
Well that would mean its a bit improved then wouldnt it? :wink:

Originally posted by Hemispasm

it still runs off the quake engine, so without quake HL is nothing

Never played Quake. But I have HL. I LOST MY F**** CD KEY!! lol. Poor me, no internet play :sad:. Oh well, thank BOTS.

I’m 13 and when younger I was hooked on DOOM.:smiley:

I’m 13 and when younger I was hooked on DOOM.:smiley:

Same here:D

Originally posted by slayerking
it still runs off the quake engine, so without quake HL is nothing
Well yeah but still the question was which one has the better engine and not form which one did the engine originate from. Its like saying 2 different cars share the same engine (ie: common for VW and Seat) but in one of them some improvements were made to give more horsepower :wink:

Well yeah but still the question was which one has the better engine and not form which one did the engine originate from. Its like saying 2 different cars share the same engine (ie: common for VW and Seat) but in one of them some improvements were made to give more horsepower :wink:
yes but the fact is half life is just a mod of quake, The tweaks are just minor ones like network play and the way co-op works. I have the Quake, Quake 2 and Quake 3 1.27g source, if I was to change the amount of players allowed in a game and allowed 3 teams in CTF instead of 2 would that make my version better? NO it wouldnt as the basis is still Quake and all I would’ve done is allow something that is already there.

if you want the source for quake Get it here it’s released under the GPL

tweak is a funny word. i always think it means adapted to a more specific purpose, rather than generally improved upon. maybe valve doesnt think that though :stuck_out_tongue: