Quad-core... make it work as it should

vbimport

Hello. I have bought myself my new setting. I have an Athlon II x4 630 processor and when i play game S.T.A.L.K.E.R cop, i cant play normally because not all of my cores are active. What can i do to use all 4 cores?

Was your previous CPU a single-core?

If so, you will need to reinstall Windows in order to use more than one core.

Or, is this on a clean Windows install? If that’s the case, you might need to download and install AMD’s “Cool 'N Quiet” driver in order to enable all four cores.

[QUOTE=71GA;2521896]Hello. I have bought myself my new setting. I have an Athlon II x4 630 processor and when i play game S.T.A.L.K.E.R cop, i cant play normally because not all of my cores are active. What can i do to use all 4 cores?[/QUOTE]

What is your motherboard specs? Sometimes you will need to turn the quad feature on the Bios and sometime the software will use it or you will need to turn it on. Also if your going to play stalker make sure you have a good GPU or 2. Just telling the CPU doesn’t tell us much…

Most games don’t use all cores, just two. Also if the gpu is not fast then the cpu will not receive a lot of work and not fully load it.