QT Registration

vbimport

I’m trying to run the latest version of QT, but it keeps telling me that DVDCopy is expired. When I follow the directions and go to the website, I donwload the new key and run it. It automatically starts QT, but I am still told it is expired. I went to RENEW REGISTRATION KEY, but that fails telling me there is nothing to renew. I am completely lost.

One of the oddities here is that I do not get an error when it is set for DVD9. When I try and switch it to DVD5, the error pops up showing me that the program is expired.

[QUOTE=rhazzon;2587881]I’m trying to run the latest version of QT, but it keeps telling me that DVDCopy is expired. When I follow the directions and go to the website, I donwload the new key and run it. It automatically starts QT, but I am still told it is expired. I went to RENEW REGISTRATION KEY, but that fails telling me there is nothing to renew. I am completely lost.

One of the oddities here is that I do not get an error when it is set for DVD9. When I try and switch it to DVD5, the error pops up showing me that the program is expired.[/QUOTE]

Hi rhazzon

Sorry to hear your having trouble, are you loged on as administrator ?

Please right click on the DVDFab QT icon and select “Run as administrator” and when it opens check to see if the registration is good, if it is then you may have to make a setting change on the compatibility tab.

It’s definitely not a permissions issue as I am logged under an administrative account. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it came up as DVD5 until I clicked NEXT. It then changed to DVD9 and when I went to change it I was told that my DVDFAB (Gold) expired. I think the problem lies within the licensing portion of the software. It will not accept a license key. I went to the website to upgrade the key, but was sent in circles. Is QT replacing the older software and do I now need to pay for another lifetime license to QT?

I have both 8.0.8.5 and QT installed in their [I]own[/I] folders w/o issues…So no it’s not "replacing the older SW and no need to pay again, AFAIK…

[QUOTE=rhazzon;2587941]It’s definitely not a permissions issue as I am logged under an administrative account. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it came up as DVD5 until I clicked NEXT. It then changed to DVD9 and when I went to change it I was told that my DVDFAB (Gold) expired. I think the problem lies within the licensing portion of the software. It will not accept a license key. I went to the website to upgrade the key, but was sent in circles. Is QT replacing the older software and do I now need to pay for another lifetime license to QT?[/QUOTE]

You don’t have to buy another lifetime reg key, please open DVDFabQT and click on the ? mark on the upper corner and select about and see if it shoe registered.

If not right click on the DVDFab QT icon and select properties and on the compatibility tab at the very bottom place a check mark next to “Run this program as administrator”, some members/users need to do this even when logged on as administrator(Depends on your version of Vista and/or Windows 7)

It shows expired. I am running XP. I tried running as Administrator with no difference. I don’t know if this makes a difference, but I installed QT on this laptop without having installed any prior versions. Since it wasn’t working I installed it on an older machine that previously had DVFAB installed on it and it is working fine.

It is being reported by many users that thie new QT release has lots of bugs so may hold off on updating to it until they release the next DVDFab QT.

Thanks. Will the original product receive any updates, or has development ceased and QT is its’ replacement?

[QUOTE=rhazzon;2587975]Thanks. Will the original product receive any updates, or has development ceased and QT is its’ replacement?[/QUOTE]

DVDFab is strictly QT now there will be no more none qt released.

Thanks for that info SJ

You are welcome my friend :flower:

My biggest concern is that without continued support for the older version I no longer have a working version. QT will NOT let me burn to DVD5 CD because the registration process is faulty. Do I need to uninstall QT, install the older version of DVDFAB, register that version, then reinstall QT? Is QT, in fact, supposed to recognize and register with a valid key? If so, why doesn’t the website let me download anything other than a version 3 key? I’m stumped here.

rhazzon

Have been hearing about others having trouble with registering also, you may want to wait for the next release and then give it another try.

It appears that if you install QT after already having a registered copy of DVDFAB on the system everything works fine. The problem occurs with a clean install of QT. In prior versions when I went to register DVDFAB all I had to do was download my registration key, double-click the key, it would self-install and I would be finished. With QT, if I click the key, it will run DVDFAB, but will not register it. To resolve the issue I needed to open the key in notepad, copy it, then open the registration window in QT and paste the key. Once this was done QT was registered and working fine.

I hope this is enough info to help find and fix the problem for future releases. As always, thanks for a great product.

Russ

Glad to hear you got it up and running :clap:

Thanks for filling us in on that info rhazzon

We always like to hear the solutions to fixed problems