QSI DVD+-RW SDW-082 in AcerTM

Hi, everybody

My question might be dumb, but I’m out of ideas. I have an Acer Travelmate 4101WLMi laptop with QSI DVD±RW SDW-082 drive. Some days ago I noticed that the explorer doesn’t find the DVD-drive at all. All I saw was the two hard disk drives.

In the device manader there is an exclamation mark on the DVD-drive, and by double-clicking on it the problem is that ‘the device’s driver can not be loaded. The driver file might be damaged. (Code 39)’ This is freely translated from Finnish, but I think it means the driver. (Who the hell installed a Finnish XP on this computer anyway?! :a)

I tried to upgrade the firmware with qsi-sdw-082-lx44.exe but I get Can’t recognize device! error.

I also borrowed a Plextor CD-RW drive with USB in order to try run the Acer recovery CD, but the system doesn’t recognize that CD drive either! Device manager says it’s the same problem: ‘the device’s driver can not be loaded. The driver file might be damaged. (Code 39)’.

I thought upgrading F/W would solve the (driver?) problem, but apparently not… Is there any place else where I can find the drivers or does anyone know what’s going on here?