QSI DVD-ROM SDR-083 Firmware needed

vbimport

Hello there, I bought a laptop that came with a QSI DVD-ROM SDR-083 drive, but this unit sucks! It can’t read most of my burnt dvd-r’s. So, I’ve been trying to find a firmware but I think there isn’t any, and I’m wondering if it’s possible to flash it with another brand/model, as some guys do with Lite-On firmwares in another brand drives. I don’t know too much about this subject, so any help is ok for me =)
Is there any way to tweak the drive? Force it to read?
Thanks for your attention,
Kenji

[quote=kenji_toyama;990542]Hello there, I bought a laptop that came with a QSI DVD-ROM SDR-083 drive, but this unit sucks! It can’t read most of my burnt dvd-r’s. So, I’ve been trying to find a firmware but I think there isn’t any, and I’m wondering if it’s possible to flash it with another brand/model, as some guys do with Lite-On firmwares in another brand drives. I don’t know too much about this subject, so any help is ok for me =)
Is there any way to tweak the drive? Force it to read?
Thanks for your attention,
Kenji[/quote]
Hi Kenji and welcome to the forum. That drive you have is very poor quality, and first of all it is only a DVD-ROM it is not an RW. You cannot write to blanks discs with it. I would have to say that even a firmware upgrade would do no good. These drives were made for low quality laptops. If you need try and buy either an external drive ( many on sales next week) or replace with another slimline burner. Thats my advise maybe someone else has another idea.:flower: