QPxTool for Mac - anyone using it?

vbimport

I’ve had the pleasure of finally getting this [QPxTool] to work on Mac OS X, but unfortunately it can only detect blank discs. I’m using QPxTool 0.7.1 under 10.6.3 - previous versions were a bitch to install due to the dependencies which required complicated Linux/BSD ports to be installed, but 0.7.1 only requires Qt4 which already has a neatly-made and easy to use package installer.

Here’s a screenie of the app:

It would’ve been really nice to have a Mac-native disc quality app that’s fully working, but for now I’m still crossing my fingers and hoping for a more functional release in the future…

Can you show the output of qscan as root?

# qscan -l
# qscan -d /dev/sr0 -media

… half a year later? :rolleyes:

bash-3.2# qscan -l
qScan 0.7 (C) 2007-2009  Gennady "ShultZ" Kozlov
** scanning IDE/SATA/SCSI buses...
** Scan compleete: 0 device(s) found
bash-3.2# qscan -d /dev/sr0 -m
qScan 0.7 (C) 2007-2009  Gennady "ShultZ" Kozlov
qscan:  can't open device /dev/sr0!

I’m running my ODDs through a Silicon Image 3124 eSATA card since I’m using the optical bays for HDDs. This might be the cause since the SiI3124 driver makes the system recognize it as a Parallel SCSI device, but that’s still SCSI right? Even my USB/FW Plextors aren’t recognized.

Stumped.

Parallel SCSI is right.

This really needs to be placed into MacPorts and/or the pre-compiled binaries need to work from /usr/local rather than /usr.

[QUOTE=negritude;2675284]This really needs to be placed into MacPorts and/or the pre-compiled binaries need to work from /usr/local rather than /usr.[/QUOTE]

OK, I got the pre-compiled version working from /usr/local instead of /usr, but having the same problem, no devices detected. I’ll have to try and compile the newer version.