Pxscan jitter values

I tried doing a forum search but never quite found the answers. what does the jitter values reported by pxscan represent? Is it better to be lower or higher? from the chart it seems higher numbers mean lower jitter…

Jitter should be as low as possible.

The Plextor drives report high jitter as low numbers and vice versa to PxScan, and that’s why they are displayed with an inverted Y-axis with the highest reported numbers (and thus the lowest jitter) at the bottom of the graph.

thanks. is there any way to derive some percentage value of jitter from the raw numbers which I’m assuming pxscan receives from the Sanyo chipset?

thanks. is there any way to derive some percentage value of jitter
Not really

This could be a request for QPxTool.

2 Scans of the very same disc in 2 different drives. Does anyone see why this would be going to be complicated? :slight_smile:

so then I assume the numbers being reported by the drive are based on some arbitrary scale? or are they measurements of something?

Given that my PX-712 reports jitter values comparable to your PX-716 drive and not comparable to your PX-712 drive, I can certainly see why it’s complicated! :iagree: