PX716A only 8x CLV with Audio CDs?

vbimport

Hi

When i insert a audio cd plextools shows only 8x clv as current speed. When i try to set it higher it always reverts back to 8x clv. Is this normal. Drive Information shows 17-40x cav for audio cds…

I have the same results with certain disks, for instance, Journey’s Arrival. If I choose another disk and set the drive to 17-40 and speed read, it works. Some disks will only be ripped at 8X regardless of what you do. I sometimes have to save my settings and close PlexTools, then restart it for the new setting to take. If you previously ripped a disk at 8X with PlexTools, the subsequent disks will revert to the same speed. Go figure . . .

Mark

Plextor DVD recorders will lower the read speed when it detects an unbalanced disc (because of label or sticker or something similar). Nothing you can do about this as it’s a security measurement.

I can confirm what Gamefreak said. This issue has been also discussed on HydrogenAudio in the Why does my Plextor sometimes throttle back to 8x?, When doing DAE thread.