Px716a Media

vbimport

Has anyone summarized the best blank media in all flavors for the PX-716a?
And the best place to buy it?

[QUOTE=mik3;2154406]Has anyone summarized the best blank media in all flavors for the PX-716a?[/QUOTE]

Plextor has:
http://www.plextor.com/english/support/media_716.htm
Look for [B]R[/B] like “Recommended”

My personal best list for the 716:
±R: Yuden, Verbatim, Sony
±RDL: Verbatim
CD: Yuden, Verbatim

[QUOTE=mik3;2154406]And the best place to buy it?[/QUOTE]
Would you care to tell us where you live, so someone living close to you may give some recommendations?

Thanks, I’m in central IL. Verbatim is a crap-shoot isn’t it?
I have never tried this drive with DL or DVD+RW. I’m not very versed in burning software either. I have the list from Plextor, I think I can find the right CD-R and DVD+R locally. I have been using FujiFilm Japan (Yuden T02), they are great but no one sells them around here anymore. The Verbatim CD-Rs I have, turned out to be CMC Magnetics and are not so great. I have a huge photo collection I need to keep backed up and added to (DVD-RW), and need DL+R so I don’t have to compress movies all the time. I can probably get Maxell, Sony, TDK, Verbatim, and maybe Ricoh, but how do you tell if you are getting the Plextor recommended? Also, Nero INCD was crashing my computer, I had to shut it off, I have to find the conflict somewhere. These are for my Christmas list so thanks for your help.

I’ll just ask one question. how do I find Mitsubishi Chemical MKM 001 000 from Plextors recommended list? I think I know that verbatim comes as MKM or MCC, what do I look for on the package? I’ll google it now.

Thanks much

MKM 001 is the media code for Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL (Double Layer) 8.5 GB media.

Thanks, but what I’m asking is there a “Made In” or other identifications on the packaging that I should be looking for? Sorry for the confusion.

[quote=mik3;2155347]Thanks, but what I’m asking is there a “Made In” or other identifications on the packaging that I should be looking for? Sorry for the confusion.[/quote] Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL (MKM 001) will be Made in Singapore or Made in India. Most people on these forums prefer the Made in Singapore variety, but it’s getting less common.

:bow:Thanks, that’s great help Dragemester. I have been away from all the forums for a long time. When I use the search, I either can’t find what I need or I get off on another topic. Honestly my crappy eyes won’t let me read for more than 20 or 30 minutes. Thanks again!

Forgot to thank hwp for his favorites. The absolute best burn I had was the Plextor TY T02 that came with my drive. But you can’t buy these in the U.S.A can you?

[quote=mik3;2156873]The absolute best burn I had was the Plextor TY T02 that came with my drive. But you can’t buy these in the U.S.A can you?[/quote] Not unless someone has them on evilBay or something.

You can buy unbranded Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD+R (YUDEN000 T02) online from e.g. Rima.com.

Looks like Plextor’s recommended list is out dated, there’s no mention of Taiyo Yuden 52x CD-R’s, and the 16x DVD+R is listed as just “compatible”. I can only find 100 packs of either one, I don’t need that many and the cost. Still need money for Verbatim dual-layer. Can you recommend a reputable dealer for 50 pack cake boxes of CD-R’s and DVD+R’s. Thanks