PX716a firmware 1.04 stuffs up InCD

vbimport

just flashed to 1.04 from 1.03 and now cannot write to DVD+RW using InCD (4.1.0.0). I get the following error message:

“Cannot Copy (filename): Files on this CD-ROM drive are read only. You cannot copy or move files over to this CD-ROM drive”.

I also cannot create new files or delete existing ones. I flashed back to 1.03 and all is well - then re-flashed to 1.04 and the problem re-appeared. The disk is Memorex 4X DVD+RW (CMC MAG W02). I tried a new disk and got the same results. Anyone else notice this?

I know a lot of folks have trouble with InCD but I have been using it since Nero 4.5 and have never had a problem :slight_smile:

try updating InCD to the newest version 4.3.11.1 or something.

Sometimes it’s as simple as ejecting the CD or DVD and reloading it, or rebooting Windows. If the program doesn’t finish writing to the disk or windows freezes up, it can cause problems. I usually have a separate folder on one of my drives where I keep the same information that I do on InCD. I have had to reformat the disk a few times, but sometimes just ejecting and reloading the disk works.

Mark

P.S. If you upgrade to the latest version, be sure to backup your registry. Also use the InCD Clean tool. You can get it at Nero. I’ve had InCD destroy the entries in the start or Run part of the registry. You can import the registry you backed up if this happens. This happens in XP to me nearly everytime I upgrade InCD.

thanks for the responses. i did reboot and eject/reload the disk several times and the problem did not go away. will upgrade to latest InCD & try again.

keep us posted on whether or not it resolves your problem.

upgraded to latest InCD 4.3.11.1 and that fixed the problem… thanks guys for the quick response :iagree: :iagree:

you’re welcome and congrats on fixing things.