Px716 & eac

vbimport

Can someone please tell me how to configure EAC?

I’ve followed the step to spet guide to EAC that I’ve found here, and the one by the coasterfactory.

But I still have some doubts.

After detecting all the offsets (read and write), I have a read offset of +30 and a write offset of -30 (the combined is 0).

In the plextools drive info window, I can see
Audio read offset: -120 bytes
Audio write offset: -120 bytes

who has the right parameters? I think plextools cannot fail since every mother knows his child :D. But, are plextools parameters related to EAC parameters? If so, may I simply use those parameters in EAC? And if so, should I insert them as they are?
coaster fatcory says:
write offset = combined offset - read offset

so one of the two values shuld be positive.

Is it right?

Plus I’ve checked the option to overwrite in Lead-In. maybe I’ve made a mistake?

Thanks

Any other hints?

It is correct. EAC expresses offsets in samples, which are of 4 bytes each, so 30*4 gives the correct value 120.
Furthermore, EAC gives actually the read offset correction that it performs, and it is the opposite of the read offset as reported by PTP. :slight_smile:

Hope that it helps, welcome to the forums BTW! :slight_smile:

ET

I noticed the mathematical coincidence, and I was suspecting something like that, but I wanted a confirmation :slight_smile:

plus, I did not know that a sample is 30 bytes, but I promised myself to make some calculations in order to verify. Thanks for having saved me some time :slight_smile:

Yes i know. I’ve read about EAC’s inconcistency in naming options in coasterfactory’s guide, when it says that :

The sample offset you have entered for reading is actually the read offset correction, thus the opposite of the real read offset, while the write offset you have to enter in EAC to compensate the offset is the real write offset of the recorder. Confusing…

Yes it did

moviemaniac

P.S. I was searching for some hints on how to copy a audio+data CD with EAC. I made it by myself by creating the wav+cue and burning it with EAC leaving the CD open. Then with Nero Express I’ve added the data track just ignoring the error alerts it returned concerning the different track types. Is that right?

No, a sample is made of 4 bytes, so your error corrections are 30 if expressed in samples (as EAC does) and 120 if expressed in bytes (30 samples of 4 bytes each gives 120 bytes). :slight_smile:

P.S. I was searching for some hints on how to copy a audio+data CD with EAC. I made it by myself by creating the wav+cue and burning it with EAC leaving the CD open. Then with Nero Express I’ve added the data track just ignoring the error alerts it returned concerning the different track types. Is that right?

I’d say that it is correct. :wink: I did it in a similar way long time ago so I don’t remember any Nero alert, but I think that it is ok.

ET

ET

Hem, sorry I wrote down the wrong number :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your support

For anyone who might need help on this topic (Copying CD-DA+Data), I’ve found this thread

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=80154&highlight=EAC+CD-Text+artist

bye