PX-W4824TA with 1.04 gives extra noice!

vbimport

After updating from 1.03 to 1.04, the drive makes a lot of noice after inserting a CDR-RW. This is during the seeking proces.
Also with a blank CDR there is more noice.
This was not with version 1.03!!

Does anyone else have the same experience?

No increase in noise here. It’s a known problem that early Plextor PX-W4824TA drives can produce vibration noise with certain unbalanced discs. Have you tried the same discs using FW1.03 or are you using different discs?

I used twice the same discs!

Don’t know what could be the problem. Any more information on your problem? I mean, do all discs make more noise or just certain types or brands? Any other information that might be useful?

I’m having exactly the same problem. I have a 48/24/48A and recently I upgraded to 1.04. I use Plextor and Tayio prof disks and both make an extremely loud noise when writing or reading with high speed. the sound coming out of the cd is similar to the noise an 747 makes during takeoff!

My drive is old, I bought it when it was first released, but thought it has this problem only with “unbalanced” bad branded cdrs. But hey, it makes noise now with Plextor cdr disks! This is unacceptable!

Anyone else solved this problem by downgrading to 1.03 again? Thanks!

Nikos

By downgrading the problem was gone.

Thanx mate, I will downgrade. And never upgrade again…

:rolleyes: