PX-W1610A and Safedisc 2.7x

Can this drive burn Safedisc 2.7x correctly with AWS enabled?
Up to what version of SD can this drive burn, if any?
Do I need to use “Emulate Weak Sectors” in the new version of CloneCD for it to make any SD 2.x backup at all?

This drive cant even do SD2 it is a no sheep burner

Originally posted by Pirate80

I disagree I had no problems with SD2 using a Plextor 16X. When SD2.5 appeared is when I bought my 24X becuase it was able AWS. So it was able to handle SD2.51. with either Alcohol 120% or Blindwrite I have been able to back up Spearhead (SD 2.80.10). I will have to try CloneCD 4.2.0.1 to see how welll it works.

@ Zoltan - with CloneCD 4.2.0.1 you should have no problems backing up the latest SD2.8 games. If you want to back up SecuRom 4.8* then you will need to try BlindWrite and emulate the game. I have no SecuRom games so I don’t know how well it will work.

A little additional information besides Sorondil’s advice: No sheep burners such as your Plextor 16x may work when you use the ‘emulate AWS’ option in the latest CloneCD version. Note that when you play the back-up you have to enable ‘Hide CDR Media’ in the CloneCD tray. I think it would be best to just try and see if it works…

Thanks all for your replies. I’ll try it and see how it goes.

not true

plextor can handle SD 2.51 with no problem.
anything higher than 2.51 you have to use AWS or something that does the same.
don’t know sure about 2.8, some persons have no problems with SD 2.8 with AWS on. and other cant make it work with a plextor.
seems model dependable if you can back-up SD 2.8 with a plextor.

I would like to apologize for this misunderstanding. What I meant was that it can’t do those versions 2.51 and above without the AWS (From the reviews at cdrinfo.com copies AWS doesn’t seem to read well in some drives). I was wondering, is the copy is not 1:1 anymore when AWS is enabled, right?

I was wondering, is the copy is not 1:1 anymore when AWS is enabled, right?
Why not? It ‘performs’ the same as a non-AWS copy and a drive cannot see the difference between the two. I think that would still classify as 1:1 although some people may disagree with me.

I succesfully copied MOHAA Spearhead with my old Plex 1610 using Alcohol’s SD2 default settings. :slight_smile: I used Alcohol 1.3.3 build 1030.
With CloneCD, SD 2.8 didn’t worked, but I didn’t used the latest CloneCd version. Conflict desert storm (SD 2.7) did work using the default settings in Clone CD !