PX-TS40 reads at 20x max

i’ve got a problem with my PX-TS40: in windows XP when I benchmark the drive, it doesn’t read any faster than about 20x. In windows 98 it does go to 40x. My cd-burner does read faster than 20x, which is on the same scsi controller.

Has anybody got a clue to what the problem could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, nevermind,
it’s the benchmark util (nero cd speed) that doesn’t work properly. I tried the same test with cdspeed 99 and that does give the right results. Still confused why it did work properly in win98 though.

Nero CD Speed works fine under XP here. Are you using the latest version (0.85e beta) ?

yes, i’m using the latest version,
but cd speed 99 is actually an older version of nero cd speed,
perhaps it’s my scsi card…
have you got an lsi logic 53c810 too?

Originally posted by ToJnK
[B]i’ve got a problem with my PX-TS40: in windows XP when I benchmark the drive, it doesn’t read any faster than about 20x. In windows 98 it does go to 40x. My cd-burner does read faster than 20x, which is on the same scsi controller.

Has anybody got a clue to what the problem could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. [/B]

Try to upgrade the firmware of your Plextor and SCSI controller. I had also the same problem with Plextor 40TS with a DAWI controller. Everything is now ok.:slight_smile:

Just email plextor and ask for a new one :slight_smile:
I had the same problem 3 months ago.
Use the search button and look for my thread

My plex was from aug 1999 and I didn’t had a warranty proof and in 3 days time I had a NEW plex40 scsi reader
I LOVE PLEX :slight_smile:

maybe I’ll do that, how many years warranty does plextor have?

For a plex reader its 2 years warranty
but normally its +0.5 years based on manufacrture date (with yamaha is it so )