PX-810SA Help with Burning DVD9

I just bought the PX-810SA drive and I have just noticed in Nero 7.5 the MAX burning speed for a DVD9 ± is 2.4X. Now I believe the drive is rated for 8X… Would anybody know why I only burn at this speed?

Probably the media you are using are rated for 2.4x only. What does it say on the packaging?

[QUOTE=hwp;1918889]Probably the media you are using are rated for 2.4x only. What does it say on the packaging?[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure what the Sony DVD9 disc are rated for (I have discarded their package a long time ago). The reason this has come to my attention is because this drive (PX-810SA) is replacing my old Plextor 716A. When I use theses same discs in that model I can burn them at 4.5X (which I believe is the maximum write speed for a DVD9 disc on that drive). Something else to note when I insert a DVD5 disc rated for 8X, I can burn them at the drives maximum speed of 10X. So are DVD9 treated differently? I will go to the store today and pick up some different DVD9 disc to try and see if it makes any difference. Is their anyother reasons why this is happening only with DVD9 discs?