PX-760A listed for €125

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=315535&cks=PRL

Sheer madness, i can almost get three (3) NEC 3550 for that price :confused:

And I guess we’ll soon see if there is any real reason to pay that much money :wink:

I’ve never understood why people compare the price of a retail drive to a bulk one; of course a retail drive is going to cost more.

Thanks for info. :flower:

Agree. Last year I bought my retail BenQ 1620 for US$80 and the OEM was US$50. If I wanted to be extreme, the other OEM (I/O Magic) was US$19.99 after rebate, that makes almost 4x the retail!

Plextor haters will never stop haunting on us …

Seems to be truth. :iagree:

acording to my komplett the drives are expected to arrive on 1st december.

how many 8mm cameras could I buy for the price of JUST ONE nec? who really needs to write to these new fangled discs when there’s film that’s just as good :rolleyes:

What’s the recording quality on DVD+/-R of that 8mm camera? How do you play that film being just as good in a dvd player? How do you toggle audio language/subtitle language?

How comparison sucks, you just refuse to admit that there are good reasons to be sceptic about that drive and to wait for some people to check it thoroughly before paying for it

Oh? I wasn’t aware that the 8cm disk out of a camcorder was automatically multi-language and/or even already subtitled too. Apprarently i’m farther behind technology thank i thought :bigsmile:

How true…

Do tell us then what good reasons there are to bash a new product before anyone has tried it…

OK, of course I wanted to say “your comparison sucks” (who made up that 30min edit limit?), but i’m sure you guessed that one :stuck_out_tongue:

Do tell us then what good reasons there are to bash a new product before anyone has tried it…
Who was bashing it?

Your question reminds me of a time long ago, when Plextor trolling was encouraged and opinions showing problems of plextor drives were not allowed because some people couldn’t stand reading that their drives were not perfect…

Start (for example) reading this thread @ posting #1.

I don’t remember having lauded the functioning of the 760 in any way (nor has anyone else to my knowledge). Neither in this thread nor anywhere else. OTOH one can see quite some criticism towards this product because of it’s price tag alone, never mind its yet undeterminded performance.

That leaves us with criticism (see for ex. posting #1) and scepticism (your writing: … you just refuse to admit that there are good reasons to be sceptic about that drive … and a lot of anticipation from interested users (see other threads in the last weeks).

Since you will not accept (inexistant) praise for a unavailable and untested product, why should anyone here accept criticism or sceptisim? I’ll thus repeat my question: What known problem of the Plextor 760 is there to criticise, or to be sceptic about?

Right now you’re giving every appearance to call people here “Troll” because they will not readyly agree with your rather twisted view that any product from Plextor is to be regarded as flawed by principle until prooved otherwise. Truly makes you wonder who is playing the Troll here. :rolleyes:

Start (for example) reading this thread @ posting #1.
If that’s bashing for you, then i’ve been right even without looking at the rest of your message. If you are not the slightest bit sceptic as to wether or not the new drive is worth 125€ after the PX716 TLA0000, then go on, buy one, and report the results.

The drive costing 125 Euro = 3 times as much as a NEC 3550 is a simple observation about the price (an observation that no one can argue) of a device which has yet to prove to be worth the money, simply because similar devices designed for the same purpose (=> dvd recording) cost much less.

What known problem of the Plextor 760 is there to criticise, or to be sceptic about?
the price

Right now you’re giving every appearance to call people here “Troll” because they will not readyly agree with your rather twisted view that any product from Plextor is to be regarded as flawed by principle until prooved otherwise. Truly makes you wonder who is playing the Troll here.
Look at your last message, and you have the answer to that.

Maybe you are rich and have lost any feeling for ‘money’. That would explain why you do not understand simple things like this: The more expensive a product is, the more it has to prove to be worth the money, and considering the quality of nec’s last few drives, it is not obvious at all that a drive should be worth more than twice the money (to get back to retail vs retail prices).

If you, however, say
drive = 50€
name ‘plextor’ on it + some software = 75€
and don’t expect a 125€ drive to be a lot better than a(nother) 50€ drive in order to justify the price, then we have different opinions about what increases the value of a drive…

I would like to start a new thread but can’t. Here’s what I’m thinking:

Thread title: Mercedes is listed for US$60K
That’s madness, I can almost buy 3 Honda for that price! :confused:
My Honda also has GPS, ABS, PBS, and all the BS!

Common people…

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

3 points to zevia if it was basketball…

what’s PBS? power braking system??

good point but a bad example.

the new 2007 big “S” benz 550 is expected for “high 80k usd” which is about 4 time more expensive than “motor trend car of the year” mighty honda civic…not just a civic but civic Si fully loaded ones!

however, you are getting what you are paying for; benz S class offers far faster acceleration, better braking, better body control, better ride and all the BS x 4

benz S might not give you 4 x worth of your money, but nobody will deny that a benz S class is far better car than civic Si, but 3 time more expensive 760a is expected to be same if not worse than the latest generation of nec or benq drives at least for the tla0000 drives

if 760a came out around 100usd @ bestbuy, i would get it

fyi, the most expensive honda in us you can buy is NSX (acura branded) around 80k usd; there is a couple in CA leasing an 1mil usd priced electric car

Although I know it is expensive, if the review say it will burn at 18x I will buy it. I seriously doubt it will cost more than the 716A and will probably be a better drive.

I’ve never owned a Plextor drive, but I will certainly consider buying this one.