PX-760 Green and Amber LED

vbimport

Hi. I try to burn a Sony DVD-R and when the burn started, the LED of the drive started to blink amber and green, again and again for about one minute and 30 seconds, is this normal? or the drive has a problem? Also at 68%, the speed dropped during the burn, but I think that this is normal in some discs :confused:.

Is Autostrategy enabled? If yes, determining and adapting a write strategy can take up to 2 minutes when using a disc of a certain type for the first time. It’s faster on subsequent burns of the same type of disc.

As for the meaning of the LED codes: Read the really fine manual Plextor provides! It’s very extensive and complete.

http://www.plextor.com/english/support/manuals/manuals.html

From page 11:
"LED indicator: Illuminated yellow for disc initializing, reading, and
ejecting. Illuminated amber for writing. (Blink rate indicates writing
speed.) Illuminated green during standby and when Buffer Underrun
Proof Technology is operational. Illuminated yellow, green and
amber when AUTOSTRATEGY is operational."
More on page 52.

Blinking codes that signal errors can be found in our FAQ:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f43/plextor-faq-read-first-49767/#general-ledmeaning

[QUOTE=hwp;2159364]Is Autostrategy enabled? If yes, determining and adapting a write strategy can take up to 2 minutes when using a disc of a certain type for the first time. It’s faster on subsequent burns of the same type of disc.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, you were right. Autostrategy was enabled! I think I enabled it a long time ago, this is my first burn after that, that’s why I was surprised.

Are this settings OK? Or should I leave it in the default option. I’m quite confused right now if I should enable it or not.

Despite the speed drop in the burn process, the burn was pretty good :clap:.

I’d recommend the setting “Auto Selection”. The “Forced” setting will cause the creation of a new strategy EVERY TIME you do a burn, regardless if an adaption is necessary or not, making you loose a lot of time.

“Auto” is a lot smarter, creating a stratety first and checking susequently if adapting is needed or not. This saves time since adapting is usually needed only occasionally, when the drive detect a change in media quality (a new spindle/box of media may be different).

The “?” Button will give you a short description of how the different modes work.

And yes, a very nice burn! My 760 likes Sony -R too.

Ok, I will switch to Auto Selection, thanks for your help hwp.