PX 755 SA problems, system hangs

Hi, I have got a Plextor PX 755 SA drive in my computer, which I recently bought, and when I insert any CD or DVD it starts trying to read it but never ends trying, so my system freezes.
If I eject the CD/DVD then everything works again, but I can’t read or burn anything. I also have a Plextor PX 130 A and it works great.
I have updated to the last firmware version, and I downloaded Plextools LE, but it doesn’t recognizes it. Windows detects it as PX 755A SCSI driver instead of 755SA. I also have tried to get some more information using Everest Ultimate Edition, but when I try to acces the DVD in Everest software, my system hangs on (blue screen), which never happen before that.

Some specs of my computer:

Mobo: Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe
CPU: Athlon 4800+ X2
RAM: 2Gb
HD1: WD Raptor 740
HD2: WD 3200 GS

I don’t know what else to do, maybe is it broken? It is very noisy while trying to acces the CD/DVD.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

More likely an incompatibility between the ATI chipset’s SATA controller and SATA optical drives.

Is it fixable or should I change my Plextor drive?

Try the red SATA port near the back IO panel, as that one is controlled by a Silicon Image 3132 chipset which should support the Plextor drive as long as it’s not set to RAID mode in the BIOS.

I have tried all of them, and I have RAID desactivated, so I think that shouldnt be the problem, but thanks for your replies.

I have the same mobo here at the moment. My PX-716SA works fine on the main SATA ports (ULi Southbridge), but not in AHCI mode (BIOS setting). I have it on the Silicon Image internal port now and no problems so far. Make sure RAID is OFF in the BIOS.

You can try the self-test procedure to check the drive independently from the mobo.

also beware of raid settings, i have a gigabyte motherboard which has raid, and there is more than one setting in the BIOS and it is easy to miss one, and the system will work fine for HDD even if they are configured to run independent