PX 755: How Many Users

Hi Plextor’s Users,

how many users have the Plextor PX 755? And how many users are waiting for the PX 760? It’s a simple poll to see if the new 755 have satisfied the old users and to know how many people want the 760!

Thanks for the answers! :bow:

Considering that the PX-755 is (afaik) still not available in US, you should rather ask ‘who of you would be a PX-755 user if you had the possibility to get one’ :slight_smile:

Hi alexnoe,

actually in Italy the 755 i FULL AVAILABLE from ANY retail store. :iagree:

I hope also in others European Countries. :confused:

Yes, it is available in Europe, but not in nothern America

I’ll get one of the 760’s, but if i must wait too long, it could be also a 755.

I’m very satisfied with my 716. So i’m in no hurry and I would like to see the 760 first before making any decision on upgrading. A decision about upgrading will not only be dependent on additional features a 760 may offer but even more so on how Plextor adresses this issue http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=160680 with the next Firmware update for the 755 and what solution in this regard is applied to the new 760.

Originally I wanted a 760, but i’m just after the 755SA now. I’m told I should have it by next week!

@all:

Thanks for the answers! :bow: :bow: :bow:

I’m using the PX-755A, which I think has been available for a month or so in danmark.

Moef

after years with liteon, i bought my first plextor, a px-755a for 99 € @amazon germany. primary i looked for the 760, but when plextor stopped shipping the 760, i bought the 755. first impression for me is, that the 755 is a little bit slower than a liteon 16x when using powerec, but the burns are much more better qualitive (i know my english is very bad, sorry :o )
Greets Olli.

Yep, got one too. Bought at the same time as my Benq 1650, so lots to play with.

The Plex doesn’t seem to like my TYG02’s though :Z

im thinking of getting this

is it significantly better than the PX716a

Has been available in Asia for some time.

Just bought a 755 yesterday. Will post scans when set up… Seems ok though, apart from the price £63 from microdirect.co.uk, Plextor are costly!

@jsteele:

We wait for your scans. :flower:

Thanks for the answers to all! :bow:

bought my plex in Holland in december for like €104.99 (including porto ) normal price in store €77.73

so count me in :slight_smile:

one small detail even with firmware version 1.01 it dont recognize mmore 90 minute ( 800 mbs ) cds as it only limits to 80 minutes ( 700 mb) should need a fix then.
Did not retest the platinum older cdrw and cdr versions as it did not run those.
Philips cdrw 4x is now supported was not before.

one small detail even with firmware version 1.01 it dont recognize mmore 90 minute ( 800 mbs ) cds as it only limits to 80 minutes ( 700 mb) should need a fix then.
Why does that need a fix? If those CD-Rs say they are 700 MB, the drive will recognise them as 700 MB, no matter how much they really are. I don’t know about any 800 MB CD-R besides TDK which really say they are 800 MB