PX-740uf or PX-810uf?

vbimport

I found a new PX-740uf that I can buy for $85.00 or a new PX-810uf for $130.00. Can anyone tell which drive would be the better one to buy.

Thanks
lfever

Welcome to cdfreaks. :slight_smile:

I don’t own a Plextor labeled drive but have quite many BenQ’s. PX-740UF is a rebadged BenQ EW-164B. A decent drive that will manage good quality 12x burns on USB2.
Don’t know much about PX-810.

BTW, think you’ll be able to find many newer, cheaper (better ?) external DVD burners, like Samsung or Lite-On’s. :wink:

[quote=pinto2;2077869]Welcome to cdfreaks. :slight_smile:

I don’t own a Plextor labeled drive but have quite many BenQ’s. PX-740UF is a rebadged BenQ EW-164B. A decent drive that will manage good quality 12x burns on USB2.
Don’t know much about PX-810.

BTW, think you’ll be able to find many newer, cheaper (better ?) external DVD burners, like Samsung or Lite-On’s. ;)[/quote]

Thanks pinto2 for your response. I will look at some of the drives you mentioned before I make a decision. Don’t really know much about the art of burning top quality DVD’s. I had read a while back that Plextor made a good burner. Of course the technology changes so fast and who knows less money may bring more burner.:slight_smile: