So my trust PX-716SA (I have to use SATA, don't have any other good options in my situation) has started to produce more errors than it used to (either that, or I'm using Exact Audio Copy more stringently -- not sure).
In any case, I wanted to go up a notch. I can get a PX-755SA now, or wait around to see if the PX-760SA ever arrives, or look at the one or two other SATA Dual-Layer DVD Burners out there.
I'd like to continue ripping my CD collection where I left off when this happened, but am not sure I want to get a 755SA if it'll be eclipsed by the 760SA very shortly, assuming the 760SA ever comes out in America (I couldn't even find a reputable seller of them in Europe!).
Any suggestions as to the best course of action? I am thinking of doing some big runs of various CDs and DVDs on it to check for errors, to make sure. But if they come out showing more errors than before, should I get another 716SA, or go for the now-available 755SA, or wait for the (possibly never arriving) 760SA?
Remember, I'm bound to SATA, so my choices are, unfortunately, limited.
-- Tim Besie