PX-716A + PlexTools Pro 2.17 + PI/PO Test

vbimport

I succesfully burned my very first movie using AnyDVD + CloneDVD on the new drive I’ve recently purchased.

I installed the PlexTools Pro v2.17 and loaded the DVD (the original or the copy) and keep getting this error (see attachment).

Any ideas?

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:TTG02]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [TDK Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [TTG02]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3MB = 4.38GB (4.71GB)]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Try updating with Plextools 2.21 and let us know.

Also, you dont need DVD Identifier, Plextools has that option, to Identify Media info

It’s called “CD/DVD Info” in the option screen

These scans are really taking a looooong time :slight_smile:

I’m still learning how to interpret these scan results. Can someone please help me out. I think the SUM8 scan looks pretty bad.

In order to make scans faster you should chose lowest accuracy - not very different results from the middle or high… and it takes around 6 minutes to complete. If still not fast enough, you may change the reading speed during the tests from the drive setting tab to let’s say 3-8x CAV… the results will be altered especially in the outer area of the disc but only by max 10x and if the final result is satisfying then you can get a picture of the burned disc in no more than 3 minutes.

Hmm using Low Accuracy is not something you would want to do IMO. The lowest setting you should use is Good Accuracy. @graffixx that SUM8 scan indeed looks high, even above 280 errors. However, the disc will probably be read ok by most drive, especially since the SUM1 scan looks fine.

Is there a reason why the SUM8 scan looks high? Is it because of the media I’m using? or the burn speed. I chose the “Maxium Speed” option in CloneDVD (2.7.5.1). The media is rated @ 8X.

I’m personally not a big fan of DVD-R media and I prefer DVD+R media but that aside, the TTG02 media should be of good quality. In this thread you can compare your scan to other scans of TDK DVD-R media. I don’t know at which speed your Plextor drive recorded the media but it could have been too high (although I doubt that).

Do you recommend selecting the burn speed in the burning software to correspond with the advertised speed of the media?

Personally yes. I don’t care much about anything faster than 12X because the time saved is only a couple of seconds and it’s not worth the risk of a coaster. But, some people will disagree and say that they want the maximum speed always. Anyway, for me personally I burn 8X media at 8X or 12X and 4X media at 4X or 8X. I haven’t got any media left that’s certified for 16X (only some 8X discs that should work at 16X).

That makes sense.

Thanks for your prompt replies. I really appreciate it. I’m new to the board, and new to this whole DVD burning “technology”. The PX-716A was an upgrade from the ancient PlexWriter 12/10/32A :slight_smile:

Off I go to read the forum.

You have been warned. It will not be long before I come back with more silly newbie questions :bigsmile:

LOL :smiley: You can always ask for help if you need it. The PX-W1210TA was my first Plextor drive, aahhh sweet memories :wink:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: With CDRWin first, then Ollie’s CloneCD…

I still have two 121032S, and two PX-40TS… don’t remember the first Plex that I bought, maybe a PX-32TS but I am not sure… :smiley:
Good old times.

Regards,

ET

PX-716A should burn TTG02 very well. http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=849164&postcount=368