The Autostrategy functionality on my Plextor PX-716A 1.11 unit seems to be having a problem. The below comments relate to using Plextor Plextools Professional XL v3.16 with this drive.
- The ‘Added Write Strategies’ panel is empty (no entries)
- The ‘Create Strategy’ button is grayed out, and does not launch a disc test when pressed (to no effect)
- It will execute a ‘Autostrategy | Media Quality Check’
- It executes all the Q-check tests correctly.
- A PX-760A 1.07 functions correctly with Autostrategy in all respects, and has a table of about eight different media displayed in the panel.
The unit appeared to have had some problems earlier this month burning DVDs, so I have been experimenting with other units to generate reference media. This unit reads the reference media correctly. I want to requalify this unit for service, and the Autostrategy functionality seems to be the only thing holding up putting this unit back in service.
I’ve tested this in two systems, the first under Windows XP Pro SP3, the second under Windows 2003 Server SP2. Same problem.
I’ve ‘backgraded’ the firmware to v1.08, in the hope that perhaps an earlier version would work. Same problem.
Is there something else I should try to re-enable this Autostrategy functionality, or some switch or registry setting I’ve overlooked?
Thank you in advance for your help.
– Roy Zider