PX 716 A or PX716 AL "Which one"

Hi guys its been awhile since I was last here. I was just looking for some info on whether you guys prefer the PX 716A or the PX 716 AL slot drive, I did a search and not to many current articles on the PX 716 AL. Im upgrading from a PX 712 for which I have had no problems at all, and before someone tells me to go and get a BENQ ,NEC, or Pioneer, “I want a Plextor” even though I have heard about alot of problems with plextors quality lately. Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Hm, I think I would prefer the 716A, because nothing touches the discs before they are burnt. Every single dust particle on the disc is a bad idea if you are going to write data onto it. When it has been written, dust is not that important anymore, but before the burn, it is.

On the other hand, I prefer slot drives, because they are simply more convenient to use. :slight_smile:

It’s all about personal preference. If you like a slot loading drive go for the AL version. I personally don’t own an AL version so I can’t comment if it works well but those people that have owned a slot loading drive all seem to like it a lot. Good luck with your choice.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1299052&postcount=27