PX-712A No possible to burn Verbatim MKM 01RW6X01 (Plextor PX-712A/T3B)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Plextor PX-712A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]All in the title ! After the firmware update, i can’t burn Verbatim DVD-RW MKM 01RW6X01 on my PX-712A

Please help me
Thanks

Hmm… MKM 01RW6X01 is 6x - RW media and the 712 only is a 4x + and - RW drive. It’s possible for the MKM 01RW6X01 to be written at 4x speed but i wouldn’t take any bets that the 712 knows about these media. RW faster than 4x was introduced late. When it happened 8x +RW was first (at the time of the 716) and 6x -RW came even later (at the time of the 755/760).

What firmware were you using when they still worked and what firmware have you updated your drive to?

Maybe it is something else. What is the exact error message of blink code of the drive? Did you try erasing the RW in a different drive first? Sometimes that helps a RW that got ‘stuck’.

I don’t think the PX-712A could ever burn 6x rated DVD-RW media; it’s a 4x DVD-RW burner IIRC.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reactivity! It’s my first post

Actually I use the firmware 1.09, the error is : “burn process failed at 4x” with nero and DeepBurner. I think that this media is not recognize by my plextor!

I know that px-712a is a 4x -RW but I don’t know if his mediacode is supported ?

Do you know if plextor work on a new firmware?
Do you have an other solution?

Thanks

Sorry for my english, i’m french

Unlike recordable media, you cannot just burn re-writeable media of a speed that isn’t supported by the burner.

Since your Plextor PX-712A is from before the “invention” of 6x DVD-RW media, it will not burn your 6x DVD-RW - it might even damage the disc if you should somehow manage to force it to burn the disc.

You have two possible choices:

1. Get some 4x DVD-RW or 4x DVD+RW media for your Plextor PX-712A

or

1. Get a new DVD burner for your 6x DVD-RW media