PX-708a Which DVD Packet writing software?

Hi,

I just bought a PX-708a. I’m looking for a good DVD Packet writing for the DVD-RW I’ve bought. Any Suggestions. :confused:

Thanks,
Paul
Writer: PX-708A
Firmware: 1.02

Personally I use NTI’s FileCD, the written discs can be read natively in Windows XP/2000 (or even Win98/Me if you choose ISO mode).

Nero’s InCD4 is too buggy … staying away from it isn’t a bad idea.

Yes, I concurr. InCD 4 is still very buggy. If at all, you can try using the latest InCD 3.5.xxx Version. Search google or p2p-Networks for that. But I don’t know if that works with our new Plex. I can test it tonight and post the results here.

Greets,
Moonstar

According to the cdfreaks review, InCD 3.x does not work with the new Plex 708. Would you find something else, i’d be interested :slight_smile:

I am interested to know too.

Yea, something that recognises and takes advantage of the 708a’s Mount Rainier’s ability!

Originally posted by Emilex
[B]Personally I use NTI’s FileCD, the written discs can be read natively in Windows XP/2000 (or even Win98/Me if you choose ISO mode).

Nero’s InCD4 is too buggy … staying away from it isn’t a bad idea. [/B]

Downloaded demo to Test.

Thanks

I’m not going to deal with NTI in any way. I’ve bought two boxed software products from them in the past and had trouble with both. Despite repeated e-mail messages to their support department, I didn’t get a single response. Their lack of help left me with two useless, but paid-for, products. I’m going to do my best to not let that happen again.

There’s no way they will get another dime out of me.

Rick.

I have been trying WriteDVD Pro by SAI. I kind of like it but I am still testing it out as it is new and I haven’t spent a lot of time with it. It is not cheap though which makes it a big risk.:bigsmile:

When you say it’s not cheap, you’re not kidding! Man, despite their talking up UDF like it’s the second coming, I just don’t trust it enough to spend that kind of money. Plain old mastered discs are far more reliable I think. Oh well.

Rick.

You are right Mastering is better and safer but I do use packet writing for undates where I can load a bunch of files on easily. With these at some point I Master them anyway but only when the file’s UDF disk gets big. By doing it to updates, even if the packet writing disk dies, it only means some extra work but I don’t lose anything I can’t recreate.

I think I found a flaw in this one already as it seems to reject some files when packet writing to DVD’s. It works better for CD’s and it will write to a CD and it does not have to be a CDRW like InCD but more like DirectCD, excpet I hope better then Adaptec now called Roxio. :bigsmile:

Originally posted by rpali
[B]I’m not going to deal with NTI in any way. I’ve bought two boxed software products from them in the past and had trouble with both. Despite repeated e-mail messages to their support department, I didn’t get a single response. Their lack of help left me with two useless, but paid-for, products. I’m going to do my best to not let that happen again.

There’s no way they will get another dime out of me.

Rick. [/B]

Well you should give FileCD a try. It’s the only product that’s worthwhile from NTI.

I’ve been using Roxio EZCD 6.0 Direct Write software for a long time on both DVD+RW and CDRW with no problems. Unless I’m mistaken it takes advantage of Mount Rainer as it formats the RW in the background.
You might want to check their website to confirm, but it sure has worked great for me!

Use Nero 6 for Movies No problems. I’m surprised to see so many having probs with Nero.

Could it be the AMD chipset? Mine is Intel.

Update:
I was mistaken with the Mount Raineer statement earlier. From my reading today, Mount Raineer is not available on the OS yet. However, Drag and Drop in EZCD is very close and works well.

I don’t know if it supports the 708A, but I prefer DirectCD 5.3 for packet writing because it has been the most reliable for me.

In the States…the 708A comes with the Roxio Suite v6. In it is Drag to Disc 6.1.1.7 and it is actually pretty good. I still run InCD 3.5.24 with my Samsung SM-348B and to reiterate…the InCD 3.5xx versions DO NOT recognize the Plexy drive. You might want to remove InCD and do a custom install of ECDC 6 and just choose Drag to Disc…it does work with Nero.

Bob