PX-708A problem

vbimport

my drive, after burning a dvd, suddenly couldn’t work.

whatever media (empty or full with data) or dvd movies put inside cannot be read.

wat happened ? is it my drive had died ?

Impossible to say without more information from you. I think it would be best to try the self-diagnostics function of your drive and if that fails your drive has a problem and needs to be repaired/replaced. You can read here how you can perform the self test. Good luck!

I too am pulling my hair out over my drive. Everybody raves about Plextor, and I have to agree about performance. When they work, they’re awesome but when they crash they’re dead… This is the second time this has happened to me. I am really beginning to wonder about their drives… About one or two months out of warranty and it’s gone. My previous drive was a 12/10/24A and it lost its mind and just blinks at me eternally. The computer won’t recognize it or anything.

Now just a couple of weeks ago my Christmas present from 2003, the PX-708A died. This is a different kind of death though… The drive is seen by the computer and seems fine until you insert media. You get nothing at all, not recognized. The Amber light comes on momentarrily but then goes out. I’ve tried the diagnostic process with the blank CDR while not hooked to the computer and I get the same thing. Iv’e tried every kind of disc and media I have and It’s just worthless. I opened it up and watched it initalize itself when you insert a disc and the laser comes on but then nothing. This whole thing happened during a failed CDRW erasing session. Nero was 99 percent done with the process but it just sat there for 20 minutes whirring and burning. The system was so badly locked that I had to pull the plug to get it to work again. When she came back up though the drive was gone. Any suggestions on this would be appreciated, Tech supprot told me to piss up a rope. No reply to several e-mails no nothing, just like the drive.

To Buddykins: There is no reason to keep repeating the problem you have with your 708a drive in other threads. Posting it once is enough. :rolleyes: :wink:

PLEXTOR 708A DVDRW
PIONEER 107D DVDRW:)
LITEON 811 DVDRW
BENQ 1620 DVDRW (2)
TOSHIBA (2)1612 DVD-ROM
PLEXTOR 48X24X48 CDRW
PENT 4 HT 3.00C, 800 FSB, PENT 4 2.40 533 FSB
ASUS MOBO’s P4P800SE (2)
1GB CRUCIAL PC3200 MEMORY, 1GB CRUCIAL PC2700
WESTERN DIGITAL 36GB RAPTOR HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR 200 GB HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR (2)250 GB HARD DRIVEs