PX-708A & Nero 6.3.0.0

vbimport

I finally got my Plextor 8X DVD burner working with Nero 6 using patch .19

Now Ahead has released the PowerPack which brings Nero up to version 6.3.0.0

Has anyone tried this with the PX-708A yet? BTW, I'm using the latest firmware 1.03.

no problems with 6.3.0.0!
works perfect

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Itried it several times today, NO PROBLEM
:stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:
Teejay

Small addition, after a lot of problems with Nero 6 (I even switched back to 5.5) I am now using v6.0.0.28 without any problems so far.

Originally posted by jfkeenan
[B]I finally got my Plextor 8X DVD burner working with Nero 6 using patch .19

Has anyone tried this with the PX-708A yet? BTW, I’m using the latest firmware 1.03. [/B]

Latest Nero works like a charm:D

Nero Burning Rom 6.3.0.0 works just fine with my 708A. Also the Recode 2 works very well and is very easy. The only problem I have is with BackItUp. It doesn’t burn at all. Never tried it with previous versions.:cool:

I have burned several movies and xbox games and works great with PX-708A and new Firmware version 1.04
awsome:D

Originally posted by jfkeenan
[B]I finally got my Plextor 8X DVD burner working with Nero 6 using patch .19

Has anyone tried this with the PX-708A yet? BTW, I’m using the latest firmware 1.03. [/B]

I had problems finalizing discs when upgrading builds of Nero. I would suggest using Nero’s CleanTool and removing Nero, then re-install 6.3.0.0. After doing this, I have not had the end-of-disc errors that I received prior to performing these steps. I am using revision 1.04 of the PX-708A firmware.

Same here now: Nero v6.3.0.0 and firmware 1.04 installed. Haven’t produced a single coaster yet.

What discs aru you using? I own a px-708a with 1.04and I am using Nero 6.30 too, but I am getting very bad results even with reommened Media from Plextor:

Verdatim Datalife Plus DVD-R 4x: 3 coasters and one very bad disc

Tayo Yuden: 2 Coasters

Is the drive so bad? Even my old DRU-500a produced a bette quality.

Has anybody of you run kprobe on his discs?

i have found that beall works pretty well, (only a couple of bad discs) BUT Ritek G-04 absolutely no coasters at all. :slight_smile:
hope this helps.

stay away from samsung ones. seems pretty yucky with plextor 708A. 1/4 coasters.

I use the Verbatim DVD+R 4x with no problems…I am using firmware 1.03 and Nero 6.0.0.0

Ok folks, two things:

First of all, my drive was broken (self test failed two times), I have got another one which seems to be ok.

The second thing ist I am forced to use mostly -R because of the dvd-rom in my notebook and my standallone player :frowning:

I tried Verbatim Datalife Plus -R 4x Jewelcase (MCC) with very good results(PI8Sum average 30,max abot 60), and Verbatim Datalife Plus -R 4x (Pasteldisc, TYG01=Tayo Yuden). The results of the Tayo Yuden are supprisingly bad. The PI8 sum are at a average of 230, max about 360.

Anybody an Idea why they are so bad? Ok they are readable sure, but I expected something bette from TY.

I’m using Verbatim DVD+R DataLifePlus 4x (PN: 94632) and Nero Express 6.3.0.2

I have burned like 20 disks at 4x with no problems.

But, while it says its buring at 8x, it only burns at 4x (it is taking twice the time it should at 8x)

I have only tried this with one disk so far. Its a data disk of ISOs with like eight ~500MB files and a few txt files.

Anyone else notice this?

(edit: oops – there’s a thread on this)

hello:

My Plextor is PX-708UF  external , the problem is with
 NERO-6.3 whhen start to burn data DVD - + it`s Hangs
 alot i dont knwo whay,,,any hellp :(:confused: 

thanks

Firm:1.04

Hi all100, welcome to the forum.

Have you tried using the drive with other software to see if that works? If that also fails then there is probably a problem with your USB (or are you using FireWire) interface. You can also try updating Nero to the latest version (6.3.0.3) although I doubt this will solve your problem. You can also try the PlexTools software. Can this software see your drive at all? See the FAQ if you need help with installing this software. Please report back.

Hi:

Q-Have you tried using the drive with other software to see if that works?

A- yes it`s work with other softhware in fact it`s work with
     nero -5  that come bundle with my drive (when update it
      to( 6) and  obove  not working:(  when start caching files
      hangsssss.

Q- are you using FireWire?
A- no USB-2

Q-Can this software see your drive at all?
 A- yes  it`s show in PlexTools.

- my drive also CD-R/RW it`s works with Nero all the time 
    but the problem is with DVD and NERO.