Pw 40/12/40 Vs Pw 48/24/48

Is there any big differences between these two besides the writing speeds? According to the cdfreaks.com reviews of both these drives neither could handle Cactus Shield 200 or am i wrong?
The issue of reading audio protections is a very important deal to me, is there a “superior” drive of these two?

GF doesn’t have a Cactus Disc, so I’m not sure how he possibly could have tested cactus read capability :confused:

From what I’ve heard on forums, Plextor CD-ROMs & CD-RWs are the best Audio CD rippers out there for copy protected Audio CDs. :wink:

Thanks for the quick feedback guy s :slight_smile:

On the other hand, i wouldn’t mind hearing your point of view on this agenda Gamefreak :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by menahol
On the other hand, i wouldn’t mind hearing your point of view on this agenda Gamefreak :stuck_out_tongue:
Seems like I should simply go out and buy me a CDS protected disc (or some with different versions if I can find them)… I will add these tests in my next review of the external Plextor 48X drive.

Get a “Grönemeyer: Mensch”. Pretty new build of CDS200.

The plextor 40x writer cds 200 ability was tested by cdfreaks.com and it was tested with many softwares. Plextools did the job.

Plextor 48x writer cds 200 ability was also tested on another site and it couldn’t bypass cds 200. But some people say next firmware will fix that. Yamaha did that for the f1 with the latest fw.

Btw, i’ve seen Avril Lavigne cd in store : it says it is protected but can be played on a computer drive. I think they are now working much more on compatibility than efficiency.

Originally posted by alexnoe
Get a “Grönemeyer: Mensch”. Pretty new build of CDS200.
I doubt I will be able to find that title here. But on this website you can find a database with protected titles. It doesn’t mention which version but I’m sure I can find some titles mentioned there.

Even if the new model is out , i got the 40X before 2 days .
Its a fine drive , and right now a litle cheaper because the new 48X pushed down the price of the 40X model …
So even if i did not got the new one , i do thanks Plextor that they build the 48X model :smiley: :cool: